Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll get 600-1000 mins. First and foremost we need points on the board to apply pressure to other teams, and we are still trying to get some players match fit after the World Cup.

The kid oozes class, Pep has already stated his talent last season. When we are playing twice a week, and that isn't to far around the corner, we will start seeing Foden and Diaz a bit more. As frustrating as that is, it's the right and logical thing to do right now for the whole team.

Guess i was told wrong re Foden! Maybe it's not this squad. Apologies anyway. Still think he'll make his debut this season though

Guess i was told wrong re Foden! Maybe it's not this squad. Apologies anyway. Still think he'll make his debut this season though
Wouldn't count your chickens yet... Southgate has a rep for announcing a squad and then bringing a couple of youth players along to train as well.

He might not be in the squad but I'm sure he'll be invited to train with them. Bit like they've done with loads of others under Southgate i.e Mason Mount.

Speaking of which, I'm sure someone like Mount is ahead of Foden in the pecking order for a call-up anyway. He was fantastic in the Eredivisie last season and is now doing the same in the Championship, week in, week out.

IMO Foden shouldn't be getting near the squad until he's playing regularly.

Foden, not getting a call up for u21. Southgate bemoans young talented players not getting a chance in the premier then Boothroyd explains he has a settled squad and can't change. Bit of a communication error I believe

Foden, not getting a call up for u21. Southgate bemoans young talented players not getting a chance in the premier then Boothroyd explains he has a settled squad and can't change. Bit of a communication error I believe

Not just Foden, Sancho as well.

It proves that the U21 system has nothing whstsoever to do with producing players for the senior England team.

It's about Ady Boothroyd trying to get titles on his C.V. with a 'settled side'.

If Foden & Sancho played for Manchester Utd however, Bothroyd's cause would be better served by picking them, which he would, & he'd play them.

We are efrectively talking about two of the best English talents being frozen out at international level.

If it was me, then I'd refuse to play for the U21s full stop.

Think the fa are taking the piss picking Foden in the under 19 it’s like the want him to get pissed of and move to get game time! Tell you now if he was at the scum the fa would insist on Southgate picking him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.