#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a coincidence that the games we lost post covid are the ones Phil didnt start in?

I'm not so sure. His high energy alone is a big asset, I think Pep really needs to look at making him more of a starter next season than a super sub.
I think if Messi arrives his chances of starting any games will be next to zero. In fact, I’m going to say it. If the choice was to either let Foden really kick on next season or bring Messi in, I’d choose the former.

I think if Messi arrives his chances of starting any games will be next to zero. In fact, I’m going to say it. If the choice was to either let Foden really kick on next season or bring Messi in, I’d choose the former.
I disagree if anything we will need more energy and pressing as Messi understandably won't be doing that if he signs. There are only 2 players who can do that being Foden and Bernardo so I believe Foden has more chance than ever of starting more regularly sharing the workload with Bernardo.

The player I see most affected will be Mahrez. He will be competing with Messi the most I would have thought.

That's not the choice though, and never will be.

I swear to god I have no idea why this kind of idiotic ultimatum is becoming popular on this forum. It's leaking everywhere.

"To be honest, I'll be really honest here even though I know it's not going to be popular. If the choice is getting Messi, but selling Foden, Jesus, Aguero, KDB, Pep, changing our colours to red and replacing Moonchester with a red devil, I'm not sure I want Messi! There, I said it, go after me if you must, it had to be said"

Phil's gonna play loads of games, he's gonna benefit from and enjoy playing with the best player in recent history and learn a shit ton from him.

That's not the choice though, and never will be.

I swear to god I have no idea why this kind of idiotic ultimatum is becoming popular on this forum. It's leaking everywhere.

"To be honest, I'll be really honest here even though I know it's not going to be popular. If the choice is getting Messi, but selling Foden, Jesus, Aguero, KDB, Pep, changing our colours to red and replacing Moonchester with a red devil, I'm not sure I want Messi! There, I said it, go after me if you must, it had to be said"

Phil's gonna play loads of games, he's gonna benefit from and enjoy playing with the best player in recent history and learn a shit ton from him.
R u alright, I don't think there is one City fan out there that would be happy to sell; Foden, Jesus, KDB, Sergio and let Pep go... for Messi

So nobody is going to go after you for saying that.

I agree Foden will play loads of games if he comes, and will up his game, without question..

Khaldoon " So Phil thats a bit of a blow losing your mentor David Silva ,we all know how he has helped develop your game"
Foden " Yea he did i dont know who i am going be able to study in training now"
Khaldoon "Phil hold my beer!"

Very often you have no patience for anyone who has a different opinion to your own.you clamp down on alternative views like an employee of the club. I question everything and will continue to do so..moaner or not ; )
I question everything,i have read every word phil has said for the last couple of years and i am happy we have handled phil just fine

I disagree if anything we will need more energy and pressing as Messi understandably won't be doing that if he signs. There are only 2 players who can do that being Foden and Bernardo so I believe Foden has more chance than ever of starting more regularly sharing the workload with Bernardo.

The player I see most affected will be Mahrez. He will be competing with Messi the most I would have thought.
"Intresting......Very Interesting !
Cover his Face
Just Cover his Face!"

To all of Phil's mates posting on this thread.

I know you are doing your best to push your friend but this could be seen as a negative. It's obvious Foden is in Peps plans and they will discuss together his development and progression. Have faith in them and don't embarrass your pal on here.

Phil Foden: "When I was in the Academy, I was a lot smaller than the other players, so I had to use my brain more. Eventually I started growing and when I made the step to the first team, it was just such a step up from the youth team and I had to adapt quickly."

Phil Foden: "I try to get in the gym much more now to try and get bigger and stronger. The biggest one [challenge] was going up to the first team and trying to adapt to the physical side. That was the most challenging thing for me." [via
@ManCity

Gareth Southgate on
@PhilFoden
: "We are conscious that he’s a hugely exciting talent. We didn’t want to expose that too early. We felt at the end of the season and post lockdown he had a really good run of games. You could see that physically he had adapted." #MCFC |
@ManCity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.