#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its weird ,but it is what it is. Pep has hard on for Gundogan, as evidenced by the new juicy deal he got. All managers have their favourites and Gundogan is certainly Pep's
With good reason,imo for Gundogan is a fine, accomplished footballer.
It's Gonna be hard for Phil to break in,but I guess that's the sort of challenge you get at the top end of the game.Fodens the best young player I've seen since Gascoigne. ..let's hope his career is more successful than the former.

Its weird ,but it is what it is. Pep has hard on for Gundogan, as evidenced by the new juicy deal he got. All managers have their favourites and Gundogan is certainly Pep's

Are you suggesting Pep doesn't pick Gundo for his ability or that he would rather field a weaker player (and thus weaken the team) instead of picking someone else?

Gonna be interesting to see how patient he remains. I know he's a City fan but he will still put his career ahead of the team he supports. He will be seeing Mount getting an England call up and playing week in week out in the Prem knowing he is a far better player than him. Hope Pep plays him against Brighton.

Gonna be interesting to see how patient he remains. I know he's a City fan but he will still put his career ahead of the team he supports. He will be seeing Mount getting an England call up and playing week in week out in the Prem knowing he is a far better player than him. Hope Pep plays him against Brighton.

I agree. I keep hearing on here he’s only 19 ... but there are plenty of players his age and around his age - now getting regular minutes. He’s not going to wait until he’s 22 for games or think he might get a longer career. He’s good enough now.

If he doesn’t get a lot more minutes then last season I’d go on loan

He is 19 - NINETEEN.

As we’ve seen with kids, who are played a lot, they tend to burn out at a younger than average age; the bald, thick, ugly granny-shagging Scouse twat being a prime example. Pep is bringing Phil along very nicely, thank you very much and I’ve no doubt he will play more than enough time to help his game improve in leaps and bounds.

Do you really think he’s going to be bothered right now about ten years time.... loads of players his age are playing. Do you think Sancho is regretting getting lots of minutes and thinking about getting burnt out ???

If he’s anywhere near as good as Rooney was or had half the career, he will be remembered as a legend with us.

Pep Guardiola: "I will decide when [Phil Foden] plays. I don't know when, but it will happen as we could again play an incredible amount of games. I love this guy, but at City we have De Bruyne, Bernardo, David [Silva], Ilkay [Gundogan]... It's not easy."

Pep Guardiola on Phil Foden: "He is a shy guy. I would like him to talk more to me, but all the time I go to him and speak to him. He still looks at me like a little bit [too much] respect like a manager - after two or three seasons it’s not necessary..."

"But it’s normal, he is 18, 19 years old, now he goes for [England] Under-21 and he is going to play and he is nice, he is ok, everything is in the right position."

Think he should start all league (and later fa cup) matches, and start champs league group once we’ve topped our group (incentive to get it done). Sub for most part in league until Christmas. And see where everyone is come Jan/feb as we head into league homestretch and champs knockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.