Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by twosips, 23 Jul 2019.

1. Craig

Craig

The lad is pure class and ready now. Obviously a 19 year old is still learning.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  2. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

That ref couldnt wait to get his red card out , the first was never a booking and the second i have seen plenty of players get away with , there was no consistency with that dickhead ref tonight , their players where coming through back of our players all night and he booked only two of them . Refs are human beings and you can expect mistakesbut why are we continually on the wrong side of their mistakes is the issue and exactly why we show no respect UEFA for their pathetic anthem, Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Foden showed tonight he is ready to step up when required , and i think he is going to work his way into the starting eleven this season.

3. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I’ve been hesitant to say it because I trust the progression plan but the youngster is ready for big minutes this season. He has all the intangibles that you need to succeed at a world class club. I’m all for the slower roll out this season though.

4. lmhblue1

lmhblue1

Think Pep knew there was a good chance he'd get sent off after he got booked the first time. BT showed a clip of him on the touchline shouting 'I was right' after the second yellow.

He's not a player who gets booked often, so I think it'll be a good learning experience for him, despite how annoying it is as a fan and how inconsistent the ref was. First yellow was soft as fuck but you can't be making that second challenge at 5-1 up when you're already booked. He'll take it as a valuable lesson and move on. Was absolutely sparkling tonight otherwise. Really hope he gets a start in one of the next two league matches with Rodri injured and Gundo as DM.

5. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    Yep.and he wont learn by not playing.

argyle and ws01 like this.
  6. warringtonblue

warringtonblue

There will be quite a few lining up to see a shrink then!

7. sir baconface

sir baconface

And this is how he learns. (Red card and all.) Really valuable experience for him tonight and I was so pleased to see him in the line-up.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  8. Josh_D

Josh_D

Might join you.

9. The Fat el Hombre

The Fat el Hombre

He was brilliant. Dont care about the red card it was bollocks and wont matter anyway - his performance is what matters the most at this stage and he was brilliant

dennishasdoneit and purplenose like this.
  10. andyhinch

andyhinch

True, but you manage it.