#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden looked fearless last night & more than comfortable. He’s quick, alert & not scared to tackle his vision is also incredible.

he’s young, still learning & desperate to impress which will lead to silly mistakes which is fine with me.

he’s the perfect replacement for silva!

I still think we will see more of him as the season goes on but next season will be his.

I'd just like to point out again that not only are we incredibly lucky to have had David Silva play for us for the last ten years, we're impossibly lucky to now have the ideal player to replace him come through the youth team and make the step up at the perfect time. Some things just fall into place.

In experience could cost us? His first booking was nonsense and the 2nd was after a shite pass by Ederson. Ok you could say he should have just let the lad run straight through because of the score but he was also dead on his feet by then. Let's not make out he's some lose cannon and is in danger of getting sent off regularly if he doesn't learn. The kids fantastic, just enjoy watching him go to the very top.

Funnily enough, I just watched Pep's presser and he said very much the same thing as me. Neither of us said he was a loose canon or that he isn't a fantastic talent.

Totally disagree, he was constantly showing for the ball in tight areas (just like David always does) difference was he wasn't receiving it. Now that might be because the players trust Silva and will give it him anywhere. The fact is once the players started doing the same with Foden he showed he could handle it brilliantly and we looked a much better team and started to play. Should have had an assist just before they scored after brilliant play and showed plenty of class as the first half went on.
Spot on

This month is probably his best chance to get into the full England squad for Euro 2020.

Starting against Atalanta, should start against Southampton, maybe a couple of league substitutions appearances?

Would give Southgate the excuse he needs to call him up for the November games and then get his in for the tournament. Although I'm really not desperate for him to be exposed to that media hype and pressure, it would probably be great for the kid and it'd be nice to not hear about why he's not in the squad constantly.

Would also massively increase Englands chances of success next summer as well...

I think he’ll start one of the next two league games, especially as he can’t play the next CL game. David Silva will probably have to play the league cup game and the Atalanta match as there isn’t really anyone else to play there, which means he’ll need resting at some stage as we don’t want him knackered for the Liverpool match.

This month is probably his best chance to get into the full England squad for Euro 2020.

Starting against Atalanta, should start against Southampton, maybe a couple of league substitutions appearances?

Would give Southgate the excuse he needs to call him up for the November games and then get his in for the tournament. Although I'm really not desperate for him to be exposed to that media hype and pressure, it would probably be great for the kid and it'd be nice to not hear about why he's not in the squad constantly.

Would also massively increase Englands chances of success next summer as well...

Absolutely - he needs to be playing 2/3 games at a time now to really develop and neutralise the nerves he shows when thrown into the first team once every 6 weeks; it’s no coincidence his most mature performance to date came immediately after a few weeks away with the England u21s - where he’s treated with the respect his talent deserves - and has played 2 (almost) full games in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.