#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re 15 games in and he’s played less than 90 minutes so far, I can’t see him playing over 900 minutes in the remaining games.
Apologies, that was meant to read “nearly 1,000 in all comps this year”. I do think he’ll play more in the league as the season goes on, though.

Thanks for the catch — I’ve edited the post.

I can actually see Bernardo playing 8 more often next year after David leaves
I hope he does but there's very little sign of it happening, Pep seems reluctant to play Bernardo and KDB together. As you say though, maybe that will change when David leaves.

I hope he does but there's very little sign of it happening, Pep seems reluctant to play Bernardo and KDB together. As you say though, maybe that will change when David leaves.
I think that is due to Sane’s injury and Mahrez not giving everything Pep wants, to be honest. But you are right, I am definitely extrapolating there.

I think that is due to Sane’s injury and Mahrez not giving everything Pep wants, to be honest. But you are right, I am definitely extrapolating there.
Yeah that's a good point, hadn't really considered the knock-on effect of Sane's injury. It could be a case of Bernardo being needed more on the right than midfield at present.

I was talking to one of my uni lecturers who is a writer at the Times, and he is buzzing about Foden. Doesn't doubt the potential. Referred to him as "The best of his generation". We've got a genuinely special talent, let's just see if he gets the minutes.

Phil Foden on his future: “I want to play in the derby, in a Champions League Final in Istanbul – which I believe we can. I want to play for City in big games and I want to play for England."

“I am excited for the future so hopefully I will play regularly next year. I am so excited to see where that goes.” [@DExpress_Sport]

“I remember thinking when I made the step up on the first day of training. I was thinking ‘How am I going to handle this?.. But I fitted in quite quickly and training with such great players every day makes you better.' [@DExpress_Sport]

Phil is physically starting to look like a man on the pitch, rather than a boy in a mans world.
It looks like he has grown and filled out a little so less likely to be bullied off the ball.
He needs to be as clever as well as tough as David Silva to avoid injury from the cloggers.
His skill and desire have never been in question but now he is looking ready to start.
It is easy to forget he is very young for a midfielder.

If Pep started Foden today , highly unlikely , it would mean so much to our supporters and to Phil , he's probably played the Rags since the Under 7's , would like him to complete the journey and walk out in front of over 50k blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.