#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant first time pass for our opener but he was anonymous for most of the second half.

I’d still pick him ahead of Bernardo against Leicester though.

Not sure why our players were ignoring his clever runs , in the end he had given up , the likes of Mahrez prefering to shoot from distance instead , he was Ok 1st half but like others have said anonymous for the last half hour , but to keep in this team he has to impress every game , a lot of pressure on the lad and i think tonights performance will mean he doesnt start the game against Vardy & Co.

Watching him last night make fun after run and not be passed to (mainly by Mahrez), I would’t begrudge him having a moan at training today.

Silva's still not training, so expect him to be very involved in our games over the next couple of weeks.

Injuries are never a good thing, but Pep's finally been put in a position where he has to play Foden and I expect him to really kick on from here.

Silva's still not training, so expect him to be very involved in our games over the next couple of weeks.

Injuries are never a good thing, but Pep's finally been put in a position where he has to play Foden and I expect him to really kick on from here.

probably be back on the bench tomorrow now :-)

It appears that one mediocre performance means he will be consigned to the bench again for the foreseeable future. If only the same was true for Gundogan.

It appears that one mediocre performance means he will be consigned to the bench again for the foreseeable future. If only the same was true for Gundogan.

And the rest.

It will be people on here who will be coming out with comments like "looks like it was just hype" after a single bad game. At some point, he's got to be given the chance to play through that bullshit.

He's not the answer right now, but he would certainly be a silver lining. I don't understand why we'd stick with the same mediocre experienced players and settle for a mediocre season. This is a great opportunity to give them meaningful experience but I reckon we'll just waste the opportunity.

Tricky one with Phil. Title race is over but also there are question marks on whether we can secure top floor place. Injuries, suspensions and inconsistent form which is partially down to mental/physical fatigue are major factors in the current state at City. For some reason Pep doesn't seem to fully trust him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.