#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring any injury crisis, he’ll probably end up playing less minutes in the league than he did last season.
I'll be surprised if he doesn't play at least double. Plus plenty in other senior games as well.

I am thinking may be just may be all this push from the fans and the journalists to play Foden more is creating the opposite reaction from Pep, as if he plays him he will be giving in to pressure instead of doing what is right for the team. I think this whining from the fans is making it worse for Foden.

I just like how direct he is. There's no pissing about, it is get the ball and run at the opposition goal as fast as he can and try and get a goal.

When you have a tight game , trying to break down a park the bus team like the Rags , Foden is the answer , every time he collects the ball there is only one thing in his head , beat his player and create chances , no doubt he will lose the ball sometimes players that take risks always will , but there is no better sight than seeing this lad driving at the opposing players , about time Pep gave him a free rein and let him destroy the bus parkers.

As one source close to the manager told The Athletic before kick-off, “Foden time is starting now”.

tenor.gif

If he put a performance in like Bernado did in the first half, he’d be dropped for months

Guardiola moan(rightly) about the schedule but then why leave a 20 year old who’s hardly played on the bench until the death? Also, why’s Cancelo not getting a look-in?

All managers do this - moan about fixtures while overplaying the best players and leaving young players on the bench. I think it is part of the professional game - the best get played into the ground and the managers blame fixtures. They all have squads of 30ish professionals, they just want the narrative to be:- too many games causes injuries and burn out when the solution is just use a bit more rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.