Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by twosips, 23 Jul 2019.

1. domalino

domalino

Haven't seen it mentioned but I loved his disallowed goal because it's that classic back post tap in that we just do not see with Sterling on the LW, Mahrez on the right because they are always coming inside on their strong feet.

A left footer arriving at the back post for a tap in for a classic Guardiola goal was just great to see.

Saddleworth2 and Dax777 like this.
  2. penalty spot

penalty spot

Like the way he drives through into the box, he gives us something different. Not afraid to shoot either.

3. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

I thought exactly the same thing when it went in. The guy's a genuine goal threat and that uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time.

4. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    With either foot..a great attribute for any footballer..

5. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

He had a good game but not great. Worked very hard.

He’s looked okay so far, I’m very impressed with his positivity when he gets the ball. He seems to think “forward” whenever he receives the ball, but he’s in-and-out of games at the moment. He’s involved in possession for a few minutes then seems to drift out of games.

But this is when rating him at the level of the rest of our team, a very good team. So for him to be impressing in any way is a good sign.

6. Dax777

Dax777

Actually, I think he had a close to great game. Was instrumental on both goals. Intebsecon the pressure, and a 94% pass completion rate for a Winger? That's insane!

7. Cobra

Cobra

Looking at just the blue line, Foden and Jesus pressed more than any other players in the league midweek.

ws01 likes this.
  8. ws01

ws01

So, basically validating the calls for Foden to play or come on when we perceive there to be a lack of energy in the midfield - as has often been the case this season.

9. Dax777

Dax777

This only comes as a surprise to fans who aren't paying attention.

With Gabby, Foden and Bernado on the field, out press (and by extension) our team is and plays better

jay_mcfc likes this.
  10. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Interesting stats. I guess Lacazettes workrate can be put down to the Arteta effect as I haven’t really noticed him working that hard in the past. Good to see Gabbys mental workrate reflected in these. Playing out against Foden and Jesus must be a nightmare.