#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin at 34 started brightly Foden aged 19 grew into the game and finished strongly , maybe its an age thing .
Same thing happened at Newport away last season. Silva controlled the tempo of the game early on.Foden ,possibly trying to hard ..struggled to make an impact...Silva helped Newports midfield tire quickly. ..by which time Foden took over ,his passing became less safe,he started making lung busting moves from deep mid.(2nd half) .as the space opened up for him...walked off the pitch with a 91% pass accuracy rate and 2 goals. ...
Would not have happened without David's influence early on...not bad for a player who had barely featured for us prior to that game.

Same thing happened at Newport away last season. Silva controlled the tempo of the game early on.Foden ,possibly trying to hard ..struggled to make an impact...Silva helped Newports midfield tire quickly. ..by which time Foden took over ,his passing became less safe,he started making lung busting moves from deep mid.(2nd half) .as the space opened up for him...walked off the pitch with a 91% pass accuracy rate and 2 goals. ...
Would not have happened without David's influence early on...not bad for a player who had barely featured for us prior to that game.

I often think Foden and Silva get in each others way. Foden is naturally more active and likes to run into space with the ball, Silva is always sat in the pocket where Foden would like to operate and as a result Foden tends to play around the periphery.

“I saw Phil Foden when he was 12-years-old. I asked their academy manager at the time — who was a former team-mate of mine at Huddersfield, Scott Sellars — who the No 10 was. His words to me, even at that age, were: ‘he will play in our first team’. And he was tiny at that point, Phil. Tiny.

“He was outstanding, even at 11 and 12, he was outstanding. He never gave the ball away, he made good decisions. I saw him move to left-back in one game and he was getting stuck in and making tackles as well. He was intelligent.

“You just don’t know if players are going to grow physically. But it hit you in the face how talented he was a player. He got into unbelievable positions, even at that age. It was the way he moved and controlled the football — at the age of 11."

Taken from an interview posted today in the Athletic with Craig Armstrong, former defender and current coach at Nottingham Forrest.
https://theathletic.com/1561000/2020/01/28/armstrong-sancho-foden-hudson-odoi?source=shared-article

Probably time for him to leave if he can't even get a game in the fucking league cup when 3-1 up.

If the manager can't risk playing you but can risk playing a backline he's never tried before with 1 CB and 2 RBs then you need to go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.