#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he doesn't rate him higher than Nico just now he isn't the player we think he is. He is young but bloody mature mentally and might save us a great deal of money but only if he is given the opportunity.
There is no way and 18yr old is ahead of any of our senior players,nico can be rash but he is a mostly sound no nonsense defender,too much is being expected of a teenagers imo,they are coming from the boys game to adults football,they have to learn lots of things,it's not just about the 90mins,they have to train,take on instructions,learn positional sense,how to interact with the others,how to set aside mistakes and not fold,under training with pep it's full on intense,thats why he can see who is ready to play in each game
Alex jnr looks very mature and maybe next to alex senior going fowards,i hope that is what happens,at the moment dinho is just holding his own and teaching rodders where to be and you can't put him with stones or nico in a prem game

There is no way and 18yr old is ahead of any of our senior players,nico can be rash but he is a mostly sound no nonsense defender,too much is being expected of a teenagers imo,they are coming from the boys game to adults football,they have to learn lots of things,it's not just about the 90mins,they have to train,take on instructions,learn positional sense,how to interact with the others,how to set aside mistakes and not fold,under training with pep it's full on intense,thats why he can see who is ready to play in each game
Alex jnr looks very mature and maybe next to alex senior going fowards,i hope that is what happens,at the moment dinho is just holding his own and teaching rodders where to be and you can't put him with stones or nico in a prem game
Nico is poor this season. He has made a huge contribution for us but not this season. We could have lost the semi with his rash tackle. Even Kevin was screaming why!!!!!! at him. We will learn nothing continuing to play Nico. We will learn a great deal playing Garcia. The remainder of the PL season has to be about planning to regain the PL next season. We wont do that with Ota at CB.

There is playing and there is playing,he hasn't played well for a long long time,ended up at everton,in the states and much lower down

I know he's a rag etc. but remember who you're talking about. He's Manchester United and Englands all time top goalscorer who won every trophy in the game over an 18 year career and at his best around 2008-12 he was one of the very best players in the world.

If Foden could guarantee a careeer as good as Rooney's right now, he and every other 19 year old in the world would take it straight away.

Also the whole debate if fucking stupid, because you're saying "Oh but if we play him 90 minutes in every single game of the season he might fall off when he hits 30" when absolutely no one is advocating it.

As for "minutes are minutes" - not even you believe that 90 minutes against Oxford United with the reserves are as useful as a start with the first XI in the league unless he's preparing for a career in League 1.

Last edited:
Nico is poor this season. He has made a huge contribution for us but not this season. We could have lost the semi with his rash tackle. Even Kevin was screaming why!!!!!! at him. We will learn nothing continuing to play Nico. We will learn a great deal playing Garcia. The remainder of the PL season has to be about planning to regain the PL next season. We wont do that with Ota at CB.
That doesn't mean we should play an 18yr old instead,2 seperate discussions imo,without a decent partner next to him it's not really fair to him,the priority will be getting eric jr up to speed

There is playing and there is playing,he hasn't played well for a long long time,ended up at everton,in the states and much lower down

he played every game from about 16 and
he’s arguably one of the best players in England ever. Won everything and was integral to that for about ten years. If foden has half his career it would be amazing

That doesn't mean we should play an 18yr old instead,2 seperate discussions imo,without a decent partner next to him it's not really fair to him,the priority will be getting eric jr up to speed
If Laporte is fit play Garcia next to him in PL.
I'm at a loss to know what to do with Stones. My head says sell him. Laporte, Garcia + incoming + Fern for next season.

I’d rather him play when he’s most effective. That clearly isn’t right now and I don’t understand the clamour from City fans to have him in the team regularly before he’s ready.

when he’s most effective?? When he’s 34 and we can say thank god we didn’t play him at 19.... that argument makes not sense at all

How on earth can you not understand why so many fans want to see him in the team ? And how do you know he’s not ready?

Loads of players around his age group are doing great and there’s loads of examples of players throughout history who were given a chance at a young age and thrived - Mbappe, Sancho, Lake, Rooney.

we have one of the most talented young players in Europe. Why not play him more then a few token minutes

I know he's a rag etc. but remember who you're talking about. He's Manchester United and Englands all time top goalscorer who won every trophy in the game over an 18 year career.

If Foden could guarantee a careeer as good as Rooney's right now, he and every other 19 year old in the world would take it straight away.

Also the whole debate if fucking stupid, because you're saying "Oh but if we play him 90 minutes in every single game of the season he might fall off when he hits 30" when absolutely no one is advocating it.

As for "minutes are minutes" - not even you believe that 90 minutes against Oxford United with the reserves are useful unless he's preparing for a career in League 1.
I'm not saying anything about the length of phils career so wind that in,someone said rooney is still going after starting at 16,he hasn't been going like sergio has been going has he,he was a rag,they won loads yes,when pisscan was there he would,he fell off a cliff years ago,the likes of sergio and others are still at the top of their games so he is not a great example when talking about length of career
Of course you won't add in total mins as that tells a different story,any mins when he is learning are good mins,he can learn a lot whoever he plays with out of ours and against any opposition that prk the bus like most prem teams do

he played every game from about 16 and
he’s arguably one of the best players in England ever. Won everything and was integral to that for about ten years. If foden has half his career it would be amazing
The arguement was well he started at 16 and it did him no harm,he has played considerably less than sergio so i think it did hurt him to start so early

If Laporte is fit play Garcia next to him in PL.
I'm at a loss to know what to do with Stones. My head says sell him. Laporte, Garcia + incoming + Fern for next season.
Yes john is a dilema,his head has gone,has been gone for a while and keeps getting injured,he should be 4th/5th choice,i think we will sell him in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.