#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying him not playing, is him being handled appropriately? I very much doubt he will be having a big growth spurt at his age. He's nearly 20 Karen! Who has growth spurts at 20??
He is 19,he said it himself,he is small and kids develop different,he will be being weighed and measured regularly,if he thinks he has more to go then you have to believe him,Here you go,muscles keep developing to late teens and kids are not all the same,it'[s the muscles bit that is important in a footballer and why it's important,as rodwell said it mucked his hamstrings up for his whole career

Maybe that is phil means when he says another growth spurt

The word puberty is used to designate the continuum of maturation. In girls the pubertal age begins slight earlier between 10 and 11 and it completes at the age of 16 or 17.

During this period a male child has maximum growth of its height. For the first few years of puberty, boys grow up to 4 inches of height in a year. At the end of puberty height stops growing, because the growth plates of bones get fused. There are several factors that determine height; some certainly are genetic, nutritional, exercise and rest. However, muscles continue to develop even after adolescent years.

https://www.tandurust.com/general-health/growth-spurts-in-boys-age-signs.html

When does a teenage boy stop growing?
Most boys stop growing taller by age 16 , although muscle development continues into their late teen years. When boys stop growing, it signals the end of puberty.

Basic googling

Last edited:
He is 19,he said it himself,he is small and kids develop different,he will be being weighed and measured regularly,if he thinks he has more to go then you have to believe him,Here you go,muscles keep developing to late teens and kids are not all the same

The word puberty is used to designate the continuum of maturation. In girls the pubertal age begins slight earlier between 10 and 11 and it completes at the age of 16 or 17.

During this period a male child has maximum growth of its height. For the first few years of puberty, boys grow up to 4 inches of height in a year. At the end of puberty height stops growing, because the growth plates of bones get fused. There are several factors that determine height; some certainly are genetic, nutritional, exercise and rest. However, muscles continue to develop even after adolescent years.

https://www.tandurust.com/general-health/growth-spurts-in-boys-age-signs.html
Would I wouldn't call developing muscles a growth spurt!

Would I wouldn't call developing muscles a growth spurt!
Like i say maybe he means it in terms of muscle not bones,the sports science experts will be testings his muscles i'm sure,of course it might not be that,it might just be pep being a twat,the thing is we don't know

Found where he said it,last may when he was 18 almost 19

Go down to the bit below him ,pep and his kid,it won't let me copy it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...g-Man-City-starlet-playing-Pep-Guardiola.html

Some would say 18 /19 you should be finished growing but he wasn't

Last edited:
It's a tragedy that a player like Foden isn't playing more minutes. I predict he won't play much next season as well even after Silva leaves. He has too much to learn you see. We can probably pause this chat and pick it up again after 12 months until then Fodens not getting many minutes and we will hear about his attitude being great and he has things to learn. All about patience.

That is true of course but had he started at 20 he might have lasted longer

he played at the top level for years. why on earth would you not play such a talented players at 17/18/19 just so they can last longer??. it doesnt make any sense. imagine fergie not playing rooney at 18 - he was the best player on the pitch. it would be bizarre. the same applies to foden and loads of other young players.

and the other excuse of a growth spurt haha. may aswell not play any youngsters out of fear of a growth spurt. youve come up with every excuse there is as, to why he shouldnt play. why are you so against him getting a chance?

we arent going to win the league and will finish top 4. its not going to damage us in anyway.

It's a tragedy that a player like Foden isn't playing more minutes. I predict he won't play much next season as well even after Silva leaves. He has too much to learn you see. We can probably pause this chat and pick it up again after 12 months until then Fodens not getting many minutes and we will hear about his attitude being great and he has things to learn. All about patience.
Why do you care? how many times have you seen him play?

Last edited:
Why do you care? how many times have you seen him play?

Are you related to a walsall fan?

How many times have you see him play? In fact how big is your house? In fact how many cars do you drive? Have a cuppa mate and relax.

Reactions: cjn
he played at the top level for years. why on earth would you not play such a talented players at 17/18/19 just so they can last longer??. it doesnt make any sense. imagine fergie not playing rooney at 18 - he was the best player on the pitch. it would be bizarre. the same applies to foden and loads of other young players.

and the other excuse of a growth spurt haha. may aswell not play any youngsters out of fear of a growth spurt. youve come up with every excuse there is as, to why he shouldnt play. why are you so against him getting a chance?

we arent going to win the league and will finish top 4. its not going to damage us in anyway.
What are you fucking on about now? i'm not saying don't play phil because he will last longer,we veered off to rooney as an example of how you can play from 16-34 at a high level,he clearly hasn't so it was someones bad example,just that

As for phil read what he said last may when he was 19 that month,i posted the link,read it,don't come at me go at him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.