Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by twosips, 23 Jul 2019.

1. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Thanks for that. Tbh I was away for the final and haven't seen highlights yet.

2. EdersonsSmiley

EdersonsSmiley

I think a lot of the difference was down to Villa playing a back 4 and United a back 5. Against Villa he was playing as part of the front three very high up the pitch but yesterday he was more of a wide midfielder, getting the ball on the touchline 40 yards from goal and that just isn't his game.

It was a positive that Pep rightly brought Bernardo off instead of Phil, perhaps he has finally gained some trust.

3. domalino

domalino

Yep, him staying on felt significant.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

It was the right call from Pep overall, but still I think that at least partly it was also about it being a gesture towards Foden. Would have sent out a shit message to sub out your youngest player starting his first ever derby within an anyway dysfunctional team that needed a change.

5. bellsouth

bellsouth

With the league gone, I'd play him in every PL game from now til the end of the season, lets see what a Rodri-Foden-KDB midfield can do and hopefully lays the foundation for next season

6. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I will second that, but add that otamendi should be dropped and Garcia played

ctid1894, cityboy1, bluealf and 2 others like this.
  7. sir baconface

sir baconface

Both he and Garcia should get serious minutes for the rest of the season. At least that’s building for the future instead of treading water with an ailing squad.

ctid1894 and dennishasdoneit like this.
  8. cityboy1

cityboy1

Whats worrying about the situation with garcia is that unlike foden pep wont play garcia no matter how bad the other centre backs play no matter what stones and ottamendi do they always seem to get games

9. karen7

karen7

Phil Foden needs one more trophy [8] to equal Steven Gerrard’s all time total [9] - He is 19 years old

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  10. twosips

twosips

One slight positive is that I reckon Phil's now got a good chance of being involved in the Euros! Heh. Can only presume that when football is back up and running he'll be playing a lot more regularly.