#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to use his other foot more, he'd have scored both with his right for me.
He uses his right foot more than most players use their weaker foot..ie the superb goal against Liverpool a week ago..there have been other examples this season...any player can miss chances...some left footed players have no right foot to speak of.....

Could have had another two goals tonight - he really is a goal threat which is great

But the way he glides past opponents (he did it a couple of times in the match) - thats what we want to see even more of..rally opens up a defence.

Played well again

He uses his right foot more than most players use their weaker foot..ie the superb goal against Liverpool a week ago..there have been other examples this season...any player can miss chances...some left footed players have no right foot to speak of.....
Yes, it wasn't criticism really, but he'd missed earlier with his right, which was the right choice at the time, I think his decision was perhaps affected by that, could easily have had a hattrick tonight.

Stuart Brennan wrote after the game, Pep used to bring Phil on after the game was won. Now Pep takes him off after the game is won.

That sums his development up perfectly.
It does, and shows how well Pep has handled him, despite the many naysayers on here and in the media, he now looks absolutely ready to play week in week out.

Lovely to see him on the pitch joining the banter with Tommy and David at the end.

Yes, it wasn't criticism really, but he'd missed earlier with his right, which was the right choice at the time, I think his decision was perhaps affected by that, could easily have had a hattrick tonight.
I think maybe he noticed at the last second the Newcastle players getting back on the line and got caught in two minds as to whether to shoot or lay it across to whoever was in the middle (Jesus?). Saying that, had he charged in on his right it may have been a simple goal, but I'm assuming that when the chance first presented itself he felt it's an easy and unobstructed finish on his left.

Poor finishing last night, suppose you have to have that in your locker to play for City though

Missed two sitters but also also involved in 2 goals, he’s becoming a key player every time he plays.

Beginning to really mature, last season no chance he would put in these types of performances.

Pep managed him extremely well.

He has been kept back till his mind and body matures,he adores dave,he has been learning from the best,he has always been touted by pep saying he is our next magician when Dave leavrs,the plan is coming together perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.