#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fan or not he has his career to think about, he’s been really patient so far but he’ll still see someone like Sancho move get regular football and play for England, even Mason Mount has played for England and he’s no where near as good but he played regularly for Chelsea
He's 20. And he just started against Real Madrid.

Unfortunately I think he’ll just be stuck as one of the rotational wide players next season. I don’t think he started a single league game last season in his preferred midfield position and I can’t see Pep changing it now.

He’s got wonder when he can’t get game time in a performance like that
Well hopefully he's a mature young lad who understands he's got plenty of time as well as the belief in himself to get in, as opposed to a weak-willed want-away that the media would be delighted for him to be.

So? Because he didn't get time tonight he should be pushing for a move?

No, but playing well in a team that does over Madrid and then he doesn’t even feature in the next crucial match in our most sought after tournament isn’t what any top player would want.

I know how squad rotation works, but if you play well and there’s success, there’s going to be an element of expectation that you will be given an opportunity to extend that run of form.

No, but playing well in a team that does over Madrid and then he doesn’t even feature in the next crucial match in our most sought after tournament isn’t what any top player would want.

I know how squad rotation works, but if you play well and there’s success, there’s going to be an element of expectation that you will be given an opportunity to extend that run of form.
But he's 20, playing for the club he grew up supporting and I'd imagine the hierarchy at the club is at pains to let him know the future's going to be built around him.

He's entitled to be disappointed but to be thinking about looking elsewhere because of a setback is a childish play, not befitting of Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.