#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season we will get a general Idea where he stands. I have a nagging doubt in tha Pep doesn't rate him too highly than us supporters.

Last edited:
If he was to leave every elite club would be in for him. That's how good he is.
So pissed off. You think this club would of learned from the Sancho situation. Imagine being Foden sat on the bench. Watching the team look flat as fuck with barely any running or creativity and Rodri Gundogan and Fernandinho are playing instead of you. It’s baffling I can’t get my head around it

Time to let him off his leash. I’ve supported the way we’ve managed him so far and understand the reasons behind it. This season, in the small sample size of games he’s played has shown me that he’s now ready to be a mainstay in the team going forward.
If he’s not one of the first names on the team sheet from day one of next season then we are failing him, the team and the supporters who’ve shown patience so far.

I don’t understand why at minimum he didn’t come off the bench....

the excuse of managing his minutes/ he’s only young doesnt work anymore. He’s 20 and one of our best players in my opinion. we also had a weeks rest
He didn't bring ,bernie or Dave off the bench either,he is a first teamer now and doesn't get any special treatment

As others have said, it would be inexcusable if he is not starting regularly next season from day dot. Pep needs to get a grip and stop putting the slow plodders out, they ain't taking us anywere.

Exactly. I just really struggle with how people are still making the same excuses for us not playing him. None of them hold up anymore.
He was good enough at 16 to be playing top class football in tbis country.
No doubt about it.
He was good enough at 18 to be playing for both Manchester City and England.
The commercial decision to let David silva ride out his 10th season as captain.....and become a legend...has fucked up Phil Fodens early career....
That talent,that footballing genius, could have impacted on our title challenge.
The only thing City won this season was the league cup..when our kid was Man of the match,playing out of posistion..
Our best league performance was against the champions at home where he scored two goals ,and was again man of the match.
Our best performance in Europe was against Real Madrid.we won. Foden,again man of the match.
After all the deliberation..the stop /start fookery over the last 4 seasons.we leave him out of a crucial match and fail to progress to the champions league semi finals
Fodens goals and assists this season are on a par with merlins,despite our academy product playing maybe half the number of games...
Englands midfield is crying out for a ball player with magic in his boots.
Now tell me this young lads career hasnt been held back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.