#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho had nothing to do with Mahrez, he was already long gone.

Sancho left because we were very publicly going after Alexis Sanchez.

Added to the fact that there was no precedent of us integrating youth players well into the first team which we still haven't managed well.

I largely agree with you, and yes, I know we didn't want to sell him, but I did chuckle at "apart from Sancho". Yes, apart from the guy who's going to be sold for £100m more than we let him go for we're been really spot on.

Also, I'm not willing to say Brahim couldn't be a City level player yet. Real is a mess at the moment, I'm not going to read too far into that.
We didn't let him go,he chose to leave,there is a difference

We didn't let him go,he chose to leave,there is a difference

He chose to leave for a reason though, a decision that we can all agree was far wiser than staying put here. In the case of Foden, the benefit of him playing isn't solely limited to his actual ability on the pitch, it also does so much for current/future academy players who know they'll also be given a chance. Until we do, we risk losing all our best youngsters.

For several reasons,

I think he is good enough and deserves to start.
Not starting games , when he is part of the first team squad, MAY, affect his confidence levels.
Fitness levels, being match fit and ready to play at the highest levels, you need to play, or it takes weeks to get To that fitness.
Guardiola has sat next to him in press conferences , telling everyone how good he is and is ready to start, late September now and he should be back at School.
The performance at home to Spurs showed he will not be a hindrance.

I never pick a team on pre match threads as the coach knows how they are regards fitness, injury, mentality etc, but I thought he would have started by now, hence my post.

I take it you are not at all surprised he has not played.

For several reasons,

I think he is good enough and deserves to start.
Not starting games , when he is part of the first team squad, MAY, affect his confidence levels.
Fitness levels, being match fit and ready to play at the highest levels, you need to play, or it takes weeks to get To that fitness.
Guardiola has sat next to him in press conferences , telling everyone how good he is and is ready to start, late September now and he should be back at School.
The performance at home to Spurs showed he will not be a hindrance.

I never pick a team on pre match threads as the coach knows how they are regards fitness, injury, mentality etc, but I thought he would have started by now, hence my post.

I take it you are not at all surprised he has not played.

Im not surprised no. We are only a handful of games into the season and not yet found our best form. That aside, you have answered it yourself

Did anything get mentioned about him being fit to play at the weekend? Haven't seen any quotes pop up on social media.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't asked. Potentially could be something that's been embargoed until later (given the rumours floating round on here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.