#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love how many on here know whats best for Foden in how he should be developed (obviously managed this level of talent elsewhere I guess). I trust those wanting him out on loan are guaranteeing success and that he will return and be an instant shoe in for Merlin

If he goes elsewhere my fear is he will be run into the ground the total opposite to what we’re trying to avoid. This is why I think he will remain here and be introduced gradually. We have a lot of football this year and I think he will play more than last year. Be patient everyone.
Agree
Pep et al have said he aint going on loan, and that will be for a good reason, not to hamper his development

I will be surprised if he played more minutes than last season.

I think loaning him is better than keeping him on the bench or stand. Look at Abraham, he went to Aston Villa, played regularly and now he is doing well for Chelsea as their main striker.

I think loans are massively beneficial if the player plays regularly (and unfortunately the likes of Muric, Smith, Roberts and Adarabioyo aren’t at the moment), but I was answering a poster who suggested that Foden’s development would be held back by going on loan. If that is the case then it would also apply to every other player we sent on loan, making the whole process a complete waste of time.

I wouldn’t want him at Newcastle, but I think Brighton try to play good football (Graham Potter’s Swansea side were brilliant against us last season), or a team like Wolves or Bournemouth. There’s also the option of going abroad, although he might not want to with his family situation.

Again like I said you answered your own question, those players you named would have been better off stopping at City than going out on loan, the old argument of toughening them up with a few rough lower league tackles is not as important as in the past.

Out of interest name a successful loan that got the player into City's first team on coming back, outside of Zinchenko I am struggling to think of one and his loan was awful btw he lucked into the left back spot and through determination made a spot for himself but that had nothing to do with his loan.

Yes, Brighton are seemingly trying to play the our way and fair play to them but Brighton will not want to develop one of our players for us unless he is on the verge of our actual first team ie Foden level and tbh for Foden I still prefer he got his minutes here rather than anywhere else, in training then develop chemistry, the instinct of where a person is going to run on through balls or other plays, you will not develop that by playing elsewhere for 12 months.

I think loaning him is better than keeping him on the bench or stand. Look at Abraham, he went to Aston Villa, played regularly and now he is doing well for Chelsea as their main striker.

Lol

Lampard as manager and the transfer ban is the reason for that.

Whether he stays or goes on loan doesn’t really change much at all regarding city’s position. The only way that he cements a major role is if Bernardo doesn’t move to a central role as his primary position. Check out his recent quotes about willing to be up for the challenge to replacing Dave. You have Gundogan, Bernardo, and Phil fighting for one spot.

I think the real question is if he’s willing to stay a squad player for the next few seasons. Particularly a season and a half.

@twosips mentioned that we might even be in the market for a midfielder and if that’s the case...

Got to love how many on here know whats best for Foden in how he should be developed (obviously managed this level of talent elsewhere I guess). I trust those wanting him out on loan are guaranteeing success and that he will return and be an instant shoe in for Merlin

No guarantees with anything.

However how is anyone to know how good he actually is, and can be, when he's not playing?

If he was at another club I believe he'd be playing nearly every week.

Only he can make the choice whether it's better to train with the leagues best but not play or go elsewhere and train with lesser players but get the chance to play actual games every week.

No guarantees with anything.

However how is anyone to know how good he actually is, and can be, when he's not playing?

If he was at another club I believe he'd be playing nearly every week.

Only he can make the choice whether it's better to train with the leagues best but not play or go elsewhere and train with lesser players but get the chance to play actual games every week.
playing every week at the wrong club could be more damaging to his development as a City player. Anyway, the loan argument is moot as it isn't happening

playing every week at the wrong club could be more damaging to his development as a City player. Anyway, the loan argument is moot as it isn't happening

Probably not and for his sake and his career development I hope it's not the wrong decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.