#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its weird ,but it is what it is. Pep has hard on for Gundogan, as evidenced by the new juicy deal he got. All managers have their favourites and Gundogan is certainly Pep's

That deal is merely a protective measure imo, we could get decent money on him next summer, which I think made the deal a no brainer... he’s certainly ahead of Phil today, however, I have feeling he’ll have his break out post jan, where he may push for the World Cup squad... he’ll get his shot and I reckon he’ll grab it with both feet!

I agree. I keep hearing on here he’s only 19 ... but there are plenty of players his age and around his age - now getting regular minutes.

They,whoever they are....don't have a five year contract at City,competing for a place alongside world class talents - it's a completely different scenario to other clubs,hence our continued dominance.

Yes,i'm sure there will com a time he will get pissed off if he continues to be overlooked......but life is tough at the top and,if he wants to stay here,than he will have to accept his current trajectory.If not,he will leave.

C'est la vie

League games aren't the only way to develop. Why ignore champions League and domestic cup games?

Games that matter against decent opposition are the way to develop. Playing a CL game which has zero consequence because the group has already been decided isn't going to do much for Phil, thos games are always well below the pace of a normal CL game and loads of players get rested. Cup games against Burton and Oxford aren't going to make him good enough to start for us either.

He needs league minutes like every kid coming through. He should get them soon.

I agree. I keep hearing on here he’s only 19 ... but there are plenty of players his age and around his age - now getting regular minutes. He’s not going to wait until he’s 22 for games or think he might get a longer career. He’s good enough now.

If he doesn’t get a lot more minutes then last season I’d go on loan
and who are those youngsters who are getting regular game time displacing?

Think he should start all league (and later fa cup) matches, and start champs league group once we’ve topped our group (incentive to get it done). Sub for most part in league until Christmas. And see where everyone is come Jan/feb as we head into league homestretch and champs knockout.
Good god - start ALL league games! and then you will have to help me out with the second bit bolded

just pleased we have someone who knows what he is doing picking the team.

I think his development is being hindered playing or should I say not playing for us. It's difficult to argue otherwise. I understand why he isn't getting picked but it still it doesn't mean he is developing as well as he should. Despite the arguments on here we all know there is no substitute for first team action. Fingers crossed he gets more of a chance this season.

Games that matter against decent opposition are the way to develop. Playing a CL game which has zero consequence because the group has already been decided isn't going to do much for Phil, thos games are always well below the pace of a normal CL game and loads of players get rested. Cup games against Burton and Oxford aren't going to make him good enough to start for us either.

Agreed. He should also start today's game in all honesty, Brighton play an expansive system and it's better for us to have him playing in games that actual mean something as opposed to a dead rubber CL game when we've qualified.

I would say that the cup games he's played in have been fantastic for his developing, and many of them have been tougher than some of our league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.