#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re probably right that he’s happy enough for now and perfectly willing to take things on trust. That’s good.

However, I also think his deference, patience and relative naïveté are being exploited. If he kicked off a bit more, he wouldn’t see favoured elder sons bagging nearly all the minutes. It’s not as if he’d weaken the side by getting more time. Far from it. And it’s not as if we are in contention for the League.

What I’m less confident about is this alleged understanding that he’s earmarked as Merlin’s replacement. There is no obvious evidence and I wouldn’t be surprised if we wrote a big cheque for Dave’s successor.
Obviously there is no guarantee as who knows how he will develop but thought Pep has said we are not buying attacking mid as Foden will fill Silva's spot?

I think you’re probably right that he’s happy enough for now and perfectly willing to take things on trust. That’s good.

However, I also think his deference, patience and relative naïveté are being exploited. If he kicked off a bit more, he wouldn’t see favoured elder sons bagging nearly all the minutes. It’s not as if he’d weaken the side by getting more time. Far from it. And it’s not as if we are in contention for the League.

What I’m less confident about is this alleged understanding that he’s earmarked as Merlin’s replacement. There is no obvious evidence and I wouldn’t be surprised if we wrote a big cheque for Dave’s successor.
Pep did say recently he needs to be more assertive,i don't think pep will play dave any less than he has to with just a few months left
Maybe i take pep at his word too much when he says he won't be buying to replace dave and that phil is going to be our magician,have to wait and see

I think people take me wrong and think i don't want phil to play but i do,i can understand there is more to consider in peps head though

Obviously there is no guarantee as who knows how he will develop but thought Pep has said we are not buying attacking mid as Foden will fill Silva's spot?

Oh yes; nothing is guaranteed. It has to be on merit.

I take pressers with a pinch of salt but hope you are right. As I said in my previous post, there doesn’t seem to be much practical evidence so far.

Pep did say recently he needs to be more assertive,i don't think pep will play dave any less than he has to with just a few months left
Maybe i take pep at his word too much when he says he won't be buying to replace dave and that phil is going to be our magician,have to wait and see

I think people take me wrong and think i don't want phil to play but i do,i can understand there is more to consider in peps head though

I don’t take you wrong but do think you tend to hang on Pep’s every word. No offence intended :)

P.S. Remember “Big Balls” Stones?

Oh yes; nothing is guaranteed. It has to be on merit.

I take pressers with a pinch of salt but hope you are right. As I said in my previous post, there doesn’t seem to be much practical evidence so far.
I'm still hopeful -if we signed someone like Fernandes then I would be pissed off-think we shall find out in the summer.

why would I waste my time to come online and stir shit. Its my opinon and everyone has one, look and Sancho in Dortmund same age as Foden. Tearing it up in budesliga and champions league. Imagine if he was still here, he would be used to give Mahrez and sterling a rest and in cup games. Foden needs to start regularly with a good team not in future, Now, fact!

Sancho is more physically developed than Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.