#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my fear also, I mean don’t get me wrong I think he does a good job out wide but it’s just not his best position where we will get the best out of him. I really hope he gets moved to a more central role next season and taking Dave’s spot which he should be.
I don't think his place in the team should be at a cost of Bernardo Silva though. IMO it's Silva who now should be getting more game time.

Since lockdown:

Foden starts
Played 7, Won 7

Foden doesn't start
Played 7, won 3, lost 4

Seriously Pep, he was an absolute fucking no brainer for tonight.
He is a class act. He should be playing more. His contribution is too good to leave out. We're lucky he loves the club because he easily could have went the Sancho route. I think he has been massively let down by Pep not playing him more. I'll save anyone the time in replying about his age. If you're good enough then you're old enough.

He is a class act. He should be playing more. His contribution is too good to leave out. We're lucky he loves the club because he easily could have went the Sancho route. I think he has been massively let down by Pep not playing him more. I'll save anyone the time in replying about his age. If you're good enough then you're old enough.

People also need to stop acting like he's a toddler. He's twenty years and I think it's a cop-out to keep holding up his age as an excuse.

He is not Spanish enough for Pep. Let‘s be real he would be better than he is now if he went to Dortmund aswell. Pep is probably now going to get Aouar after his good game which i could understand but I’d like to see Foden only behind Bernardo and KDB in the midfield maybe even in front of Bernardo. He needs to play next season I dont care who the opponent ist. Poor lad. No matter how good he plays

Last edited:
I wouldn’t blame him one bit for leaving. Luckily though he’s one of us so I don’t think he would leave. But the decision to start a kid who doesn’t wanna stay and leave Phil on the bench is a disgrace.

Looking back it was absolutely ridiculous that he only played around 150 minutes in the first 20 league games of the season.

People also need to stop acting like he's a toddler. He's twenty years and I think it's a cop-out to keep holding up his age as an excuse.
Another Pep dumb decision. It's obvious how different (as in better we are when he plays.) If Foden was on in the first half Lyon's 1st goal never happens as Foden would have correctly harrassed the defender who passed to the wide CB. Debryune was lazy there in a way Foden never is.

These are the kinds of unseen actions that make us win when Foden is playing.

I wouldn’t blame him one bit for leaving. Luckily though he’s one of us so I don’t think he would leave. But the decision to start a kid who doesn’t wanna stay and leave Phil on the bench is a disgrace.
If he was to leave every elite club would be in for him. That's how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.