#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
gWYShW.gif

When Foden celebrates a goal with this dance I'll be elated.

Fuck sake.

The level Foden is playing at and only 20 years old is truly amazing , he has played alongside and learned from his hero Merlin and has been coached by the best in the world and we are reaping the benefits , no limits for this lad now and the best thing is he is a blue through and through and will never leave this club, here's to the next decade Phil.

You know, you hear about the academy being successful because it generates so much from transfer fees of players who were never going to get in our side...

Foden has probably just written off a decades worth of academy budget by saving us £150 million as that's the going rate for 20 year old generational talents.

For a club at our level, if you get a foden once every decade or so, it's worth it. If delap or Palmer or one of the others end up making it with us even more so.

I have told anyone that will listen to me regardless of what team they support, that if he continues to improve and keep his head down he will still consistently be talked about in 50/60 years even by non city fans.

Said in the match day thread.. these past two nights have showcased Europe’s elite and it was Naeymar, Mbappe, Kev and Phill that looked like the current poster boys for the sport.

Difference is.. he is 20...

And a blue :)
Ive told anybody who will listen...... ,4 years ago.......,the lad is the real deal.
A game changer.

And so it proves...
What i liked most about his performance over the quarter final tie...was the way he played it neat and safe early doors.For a 20 year old footballer with the skill set he has,to discipline himself to play pure posession football( no tricks) for the teams advantage is incredible. He held his position well,.....i dont think he gave the ball away once tonight,...also made a tremendous block in the penalty area late on when Dortmund were turning up the heat..

It was a controlled,disciplined performance from the lad...and when Dortmunds own defence switched off,when their own discipline wavered,it was Foden who punished the germans ,in an instant.Absolute Class...take your eye off the Phil?...pay the consequences Dortmund..

The performance of our hugely talented academy graduate ,over the two legs against top class continental opposition, in my opinion signals the maturity of the player.
Remember ,Foden will have played football all his life as a midfielder,looking to feed a striker/forward....
For some one so young to grasp fully Peps false 9 tatics,and to so diligently hold his postion in such an adroit manner speaks volumes for his football intelligence.

A technically briiliant performance from the lad,playing out of position.

Well done Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.