#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive told anybody who will listen...... ,4 years ago.......,the lad is the real deal.
A game changer.

And so it proves...
What i liked most about his performance over the quarter final tie...was the way he played it neat and safe early doors.For a 20 year old footballer with the skill set he has,to discipline himself to play pure posession football( no tricks) for the teams advantage is incredible. He held his position well,.....i dont think he gave the ball away once tonight,...also made a tremendous block in the penalty area late on when Dortmund were turning up the heat..

It was a controlled,disciplined performance from the lad...and when Dortmunds own defence switched off,when their own discipline wavered,it was Foden who punished the germans ,in an instant.Absolute Class...take your eye off the Phil?...pay the consequences Dortmund..

The performance of our hugely talented academy graduate ,over the two legs against top class continental opposition, in my opinion signals the maturity of the player.
Remember ,Foden will have played football all his life as a midfielder,looking to feed a striker/forward....
For some one so young to grasp fully Peps false 9 tatics,and to so diligently hold his postion in such an adroit manner speaks volumes for his football intelligence.

A technically briiliant performance from the lad,playing out of position.

Well done Phil.

Yep. He is absolutely elite. There were moments tonight where he plucked balls out of the air and rescued situations that just weren’t on anymore.. it’s just natural talent. He’s also extremely athletic... way more so than similar players of his ilk.. the Inniesta’s and David Silva’s. He’s different.. he’s going to be really, really, really special.

Yep. He is absolutely elite. There were moments tonight where he plucked balls out of the air and rescued situations that just weren’t on anymore.. it’s just natural talent. He’s also extremely athletic... way more so than similar players of his ilk.. the Inniesta’s and David Silva’s. He’s different.. he’s going to be really, really, really special.
Agreed.
Bbc sport online are going crazy over dortmunds teenager,fair play the brummie lad put in a shift and scored a corker.
Foden scored, teased the penalty award with a cross that enticed a defender to do somthing he shouldn't have, made a great defensive block late on,pulled balls out of the air and jinked round his marker ,
Also put in a cross from a very difficult position..a very good cross i might add,pinpoint...
From the wonder kids on show...Foden for me takes the plaudits.
The bbc gave man of the match to Bellingham,and talked up his england chances....the lad played very well but Foden outshone him overall,imo.

To think it was only a year ago that one poster (I forget his name) was adamant he’d never make it as a pro at City as that poster had the “inside track” from someone that supposedly knew Phil and stated that he wasn’t serious enough about football and didn’t have required mental attributes.

Well I hope he’s as glad he was so wrong as I am. Phil is going to be talked about in the same breath as City’s greatest players in the fullness of time.

In all the excitement and reading this evening, I can’t remember who said it, but they need to make sure they leave room for another statue in about 12 years, because Phil is earning it as he goes.

Most accomplished young player I have ever seen in a City shirt. Skill, pace, shot, work ethic. They just don’t build them like that too often.

He did something at one point and im still not even sure what he did. Ball came down with snow on it deep in our half, he had a dort player closing in fast from behind and seemingly no where to go in front of him.

his touch on the turn, on the volley, took the ball past and over the defenders left shoulder and phil ran past his right shoulder and away.

i know ive not explained that very well but it was nothing short of amazing.

the common tator obviously couldnt believe it either cos he said fuck all

To think it was only a year ago that one poster (I forget his name) was adamant he’d never make it as a pro at City as that poster had the “inside track” from someone that supposedly knew Phil and stated that he wasn’t serious enough about football and didn’t have required mental attributes.

Well I hope he’s as glad he was so wrong as I am. Phil is going to be talked about in the same breath as City’s greatest players in the fullness of time.
I remember my dad telling me that when he was younger there was a mate who played for uniteds youth team. He told everyone that there's this young kid who stood out and he was nutmegging Harry Gregg in training. He said he wouldn't make it though as he's too skinny and always whinging about missing home. It was George Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.