#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you on Mahrez. Stirling normally puts a decent shift in though. Stirlings issue is that he is not clinical enough when 1 on 1.
He puts a decent shift in to a point.....he very rarely challenges for a loose ball and he often stops when he loses the ball.He runs around plenty without actually making a great contribution when we are under the cosh,he doesn't like the dirty stuff.

He puts a decent shift in to a point.....he very rarely challenges for a loose ball and he often stops when he loses the ball.He runs around plenty without actually making a great contribution when we are under the cosh,he doesn't like the dirty stuff.
there are a number of others in the same boat as that. If I am brutally honest, only Eddie, Walker,Kev, Phil and Gabby consistently show the workrate, desire and commitment that the shirt deserves. One or two are new so jurys out. Kun and Fern are exempt from that because of their age. I dont expect everyone to be sliding into tackles but running off the ball is crucial to the way we play and there is not near enough of it from a number of the squad.

there are a number of others in the same boat as that. If I am brutally honest, only Eddie, Walker,Kev, Phil and Gabby consistently show the workrate, desire and commitment that the shirt deserves. One or two are new so jurys out. Kun and Fern are exempt from that because of their age. I dont expect everyone to be sliding into tackles but running off the ball is crucial to the way we play and there is not near enough of it from a number of the squad.
Couldn't agree more,we have too many passengers when the shit hits the fan.

Plays like he is on the school playground; takes chances, hits first time shots, tries to beat players and runs his socks off. Has to be in the starting 11, end of.

Too many passengers in the teams that Pep has been putting out. If that chance that Foden scored from at the weekend falls to anyone other than him or probably Aguero then we don't score.

Plays like he is on the school playground; takes chances, hits first time shots, tries to beat players and runs his socks off. Has to be in the starting 11, end of.

Too many passengers in the teams that Pep has been putting out. If that chance that Foden scored from at the weekend falls to anyone other than him or probably Aguero then we don't score.
KDB aside (maybe Torres when up and running)he's probably the only other player we have that visibly lifts the team and gets bums off seats.

I've been bored shitless recently when he has been omitted.The constant lethargic pace and refusal to go direct is mind numbing.

Foden instantly changes the dynamic.

KDB aside (maybe Torres when up and running)he's probably the only other player we have that visibly lifts the team and gets bums off seats.

I've been bored shitless recently when he has been omitted.The constant lethargic pace and refusal to go direct is mind numbing.

Foden instantly changes the dynamic.

I've seen it said that the reason why Pep doesn't play Kev and Foden in the middle together very often is because neither of them is naturally inclined to control the tempo of a game because they are more direct.

When you've got a combination of Ederson, Walker, Cancelo Ruben Dias, Laporte, Ake, Zinchenko, Gundogan and/or Rodri sat behind them along with inverted wingers who are inclined to cut inside and slow the play down, I'm not really sure why so much importance is being put on pairing one of them with yet another player who will recycle and retain possession for ninety minutes.

The team is crying out for directness and it shows every time they're not on the pitch.

Will Southgate see that Foden is starting to really become a real top player on a top side with plenty of talent after his purgatory period or will he go with the recent English media lover boys, Mount and/or Grealish?

Funny as Foden doing it as an attacking player so where do you play him? Drop Sterling or Sancho? Hardly.

I am sure he and England fans will rue the chance if there are Euros this summer and he isn't involved enough.

Will be an interesting tactical question and could prove vital for Southgate's time as mananger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.