#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell he is good. There haven’t been many players better than him at his age, a true blue too very exciting.

When you see his goal record is roughly 1 in 4 across all competitions, you realise what an important player he is / will become.

Compared to some of England's 'legendary' midfielders at the same age, he blows them out of the water and is only getting better.

He's not even regularly playing in his favourite position!

I hope he stays injury free as he's destined to be one of the nation's all time greats.

Funny how nobody questions Peps handling of him anymore. Where are all those media living stealers that were telling us he’s not getting the chances and he needs to move? You could sadly add a substantial amount of blues into that same category too.
So he’s playing more and you wonder why there’s less moaning about him being habitually overlooked? Tough one that.

He was only really brought In from the cold after the COVID break, once competitive football had all but finished. Since then he’s been hard to drop, although he still appears more dispensable than some.

So he’s playing more and you wonder why there’s less moaning about him being overlooked? Tough one that.

He was only really brought In from the cold after the COVID break, once competitive football had all but finished. Since then he’s been hard to drop, although favoured sons still sometimes edge him out.
He's 20.

Foden will not be captain of this club for a few years , he has established himself as a vital part of the squad and England recognition will help towards his stature in the game , but he needs to concentrate on his own game. A future captain absolutely ,but we need him to produce match winning performances on a regular basis , before giving him the extra responsibility of being the Skipper.

I think Foden is one of our best and most important players, but I can’t quite work out where he should play in this team.

Presumably we won’t drop De Bruyne for him.

Would he do the job Bernardo did today, knitting things together, dropping deep to take the ball off the centre backs? Would we even want him to do that?

If not, does he play wide?

He's essential to our best football,he just makes us play and tick,no other player has the influence he brings - a combo of pace,energy,vision,trickery and fight.

As for his best position,its probably as a 10,but i don't mind as he will positively affect a game in any forward role.

20 years old....frightening!

Quite happy with him on left wing. He was outstanding against Marseilles. Staying wide, taking on his man, real bursts of pace, and whipping in crosses. He can be every bit as good as Sane in that position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.