#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish did precious little last night.
He looked lively for a about 30 mins in the first half then didn't really do much until subbed.
Reading some comments you'd have thought he single handily won us the whole competition.
I'd be happy to see him start the next game because he's a great player but the over reactions to a 6 out of 10 performance I can live without.

He looked lively for a about 30 mins in the first half then didn't really do much until subbed.
Reading some comments you'd have thought he single handily won us the whole competition.
I'd be happy to see him start the next game because he's a great player but the over reactions to a 6 out of 10 performance I can live without.

I think he should keep the same starting XI for the next game, as much as I love Phil. England are going to be playing on the counter and England looked more threatening with Saka's pace. Grealish is used to playing that way and the fouls he wins will be really important to slowing the game down and creating set piece chances.

Grealish doesn't look fully fit so Foden first sub after 60 minutes, have him running at people as the game gets more open. The main takeaway from last night was how much better the midfield was with Grealish instead of Mount. He's just so much more attacking and that's what England need with Rice and Phillips behind him.

The elephant in the room is Kane, but as crap as he looks he did actually hold the ball up OK and get little flick ons for Sterling to run on to.

My head is in bits with all the fucking posts by pundits etc. about their team selection vs germany.

Foden largely ignored as far as i can see. This fucks with head. Play him on the left and play wonder-boy saka on the right if you must after Tuesday night...but you have to find a place for Foden. Simply have to.

My head is in bits with all the fucking posts by pundits etc. about their team selection vs germany.

Foden largely ignored as far as i can see. This fucks with head. Play him on the left and play wonder-boy saka on the right if you must after Tuesday night...but you have to find a place for Foden. Simply have to.
Pundits more like dimwits. They know no more than the guy who buys the sun. Don’t let stupid opinions by agenda driven snakes annoy you blue. It’s the media way regarding anything remotely associated with city.

Dont understand all the bullshit around Saka , he plays for a mid table team and has zero experience of playing in big games , his contribution versus the Czechs consisted of a couple of dribbles into blind alleys and no shots and no assists and he wierdly got MOfM.
He isnt anywhere near Foden's level although Phil appears to be playing with brakes applied , and playing to the Waistcoats instructions , typical that we have a generational English talent and the manager is reigning him in.
If the manager grew a pair and gave Foden a free role he would terrorise any team , keeping our shape and possession football is OK if you have the couple of magical players to break through and create but Southgate is clueless and doesnt allow our creative players to play. Clean sheets will only get you so far , at some stage you have to breakdown the opposition.

I think he should keep the same starting XI for the next game, as much as I love Phil. England are going to be playing on the counter and England looked more threatening with Saka's pace. Grealish is used to playing that way and the fouls he wins will be really important to slowing the game down and creating set piece chances.

Grealish doesn't look fully fit so Foden first sub after 60 minutes, have him running at people as the game gets more open. The main takeaway from last night was how much better the midfield was with Grealish instead of Mount. He's just so much more attacking and that's what England need with Rice and Phillips behind him.

The elephant in the room is Kane, but as crap as he looks he did actually hold the ball up OK and get little flick ons for Sterling to run on to.
Thank you for your very honest and objective assessment. It's nice to see. I love Phil as much as any player in recent times and have got into trouble here for suggesting reasons for his not running at people often enough. I would still pick him on Tuesday but not at the expense of Saka or Grealish. Unlike some here, I don't accuse Southgate of reigning him or wasting his talent ... although his withdrawal of Phil twice was cowardly of Southgate when there were other candidates for subbing rather than Phil.

Dont understand all the bullshit around Saka , he plays for a mid table team and has zero experience of playing in big games , his contribution versus the Czechs consisted of a couple of dribbles into blind alleys and no shots and no assists and he wierdly got MOfM.
He isnt anywhere near Foden's level although Phil appears to be playing with brakes applied , and playing to the Waistcoats instructions , typical that we have a generational English talent and the manager is reigning him in.
If the manager grew a pair and gave Foden a free role he would terrorise any team , keeping our shape and possession football is OK if you have the couple of magical players to break through and create but Southgate is clueless and doesnt allow our creative players to play. Clean sheets will only get you so far , at some stage you have to breakdown the opposition.
Totally unfair on Saka. I agree that Phil appears to have brakes applied but I don't think Southgate is the manager responsible for this. It's not that Southgate shackles creative players, it's more that he rarely picks them! I want Phil back in the team on Tuesday but I am not going to diss those who have played well in his absence.

Phil can play anywhere in offensive midfield or the front 3. Southgate needs to recognise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.