#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the area of Foden's game to work on is getting himself involved more. He works his arse off and I'm willing to bet he covered more ground than anyone else out there but this is where his youth shows. One big positive of his movement is he generally opens space up for others very well. Sometimes I think he's caught in two minds being a good team player and just grabbing the bull by its horns though, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

One thing I've always felt players like Silva and Messi have over players like Ozil and Eriksen is that the former are very good at expending the minimum amount of energy necessary to pick up positions to pass to, whilst the latter have to constantly move about looking for space to get involved. That's the next step for Phil, which shouldn't take too long with the coaching/playing network he has around him.

I think the area of Foden's game to work on is getting himself involved more. He works his arse off and I'm willing to bet he covered more ground than anyone else out there but this is where his youth shows. One big positive of his movement is he generally opens space up for others very well. Sometimes I think he's caught in two minds being a good team player and just grabbing the bull by its horns though, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

One thing I've always felt players like Silva and Messi have over players like Ozil and Eriksen is that the former are very good at expending the minimum amount of energy necessary to pick up positions to pass to, whilst the latter have to constantly move about looking for space to get involved. That's the next step for Phil, which shouldn't take too long with the coaching/playing network he has around him.
I agree, should slow himself down, looks an bit rushed and shouting for the ball too often even when he is in a bad situation.
Love the lad, he will come good with his own style.
In years to come,players will be looking for him not him asking for it.

He was clearly identified as a threat by them. Palsson pretty much had a finger up his arse all game. Not really a whole lot you can do in those situations.

Not really sure how anyone could say he needs to work on getting himself more involved when he creates so many chances and racks up goals and assists like he does.

He had some nice moments but overall a bit of an underwhelming debut. He was sort of playing a number 10 role which is a big ask at international level against a packed defence. I think he should be playing a bit deeper or out wide at the moment.

He made himself available often enough in space but wasn't fed the ball like he is at City. He is better given the ball deeper then he can run through the lines.
Iceland defended very deep and in numbers making it difficult.
No better or worse than his teammates so unlucky to be subbed.

he did ok against a big physical defensive unit, something for him to learn from and improve, the thing with young players for every 5 good games he will have 2 average and 1 bad game, but its the bad and average where he will learn, he will become stronger quicker and more savvy as the years go on, and he will be immense (hopefully)

He had some nice moments but overall a bit of an underwhelming debut. He was sort of playing a number 10 role which is a big ask at international level against a packed defence. I think he should be playing a bit deeper or out wide at the moment.

He started by playing like David Silva & KDB moving around, using his brain, England were pulling them all over the place, should have been 3 up, then he made a mistake losing the ball at the halfway line.

Next thing you know, Southgate has him stuck upfront like a shit Dele Ali & we never see him again.

I despair at these wankers.

It should not be underestimated how much more difficult these people can make it for him over the coming years.

He was clearly identified as a threat by them. Palsson pretty much had a finger up his arse all game. Not really a whole lot you can do in those situations.

Not really sure how anyone could say he needs to work on getting himself more involved when he creates so many chances and racks up goals and assists like he does.
For those of use who understand the game.

He started by playing like David Silva & KDB moving around, using his brain, England were pulling them all over the place, should have been 3 up, then he made a mistake losing the ball at the halfway line.

Next thing you know, Southgate has him stuck upfront like a shit Dele Ali & we never see him again.

I despair at these wankers.

It should not be underestimated how much more difficult these people can make it for him over the coming years.
For those of us,who understand fhe game.

I agree, should slow himself down, looks an bit rushed and shouting for the ball too often even when he is in a bad situation.
Love the lad, he will come good with his own style.
In years to come,players will be looking for him not him asking for it.
Central midfield players of true genius ,like Gascoigne, and Bernarbia... constantly demand the ball,even in tight situations,for they know,they have the instant ball control,touch ,and deft passing ability to use the ball effectively, in an instant.
When you know ,how good you are,you demand that ball.
When others cotton on ,to how good you are they will just give you the ball anyway.instinctively.
The young Paul Gascoigne, in training for Newcastle utd used to demand the ball off senior pros.He knew how good he was....
The rest soon realised.
It was said of Gascoigne..he didnt pass you the ball..he,d lend it fo you for two seconds.he wanted it back....his use of the Wall Pass...followed by a burst from central midfield...used to open up defences back in the day.and it looked sensational.

Going back to Foden..he will have been heavily marked all the way thru his youth career...and flourished.as he did against Liverpool in the 4nil ,tightly marked,pass and move.Goal.with his weaker foot.
This lad needs the respect of his team mates.
It will come. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.