#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt he? Win our game in hand and we are 2nd, 3 points off the top despite having the smallest preseason of anyone in Europe and going into the first few league games with 8 first team players injured before losing both strikers to injury. Topped the CL at a canter, semi final of the cup, best defence in Europe.

We are doing brilliantly, you just need to accept the reality of the most fucked up season in history means no one is playing champagne football every week.
Agreed,in respect of the reality and the farcical season.I do think he could have done one or two things differently though,we still have an amazing squad.

I can only think of Giggs who started playing at the top level in his teens and continued playing at the top level his entire career. Giggs also had the luxury of having international breaks off.

Just look at the other top teams in England. Is there any of them that has a 20 year old who has played as many minutes has Phil has? I can't think of one. He is way ahead of anyone else at the same stage of his career.

I mentioned Gazza and Rooney as they were both prodigious talents. Gazza never played 30 league games a season after the age of around 23. Most seasons after that he played nowhere near 30. He was constantly injured and then he suffered badly due to mental and addiction issues. Rooney was a freak, but he burnt out and by 30, he was finished at the top level.

Foden can't play every week. City have imo played it perfectly with him and will reap the rewards going forward.

the Rooney comparison doesn’t make any sense. If foden has Rooneys career at city he’s he an all time great. Rooney played top flight football for years and won everything.

it’s almost as if you rather Phil played at 32 then 20....

in terms of other young players, Sterling should surely be an example of that. Starting playing regularly when he was 17 - are you saying he will be burnt out by next year?

Greenwood, saka, martinelli, Reece James are all playing regularly. Players only a year older like Declan rice, mason mount are as well. Plenty of players that are phils age that play regularly

Milner, Barry, Gerrard and Lampard all did to name a few. Raheem Sterling played over 5000 PL minutes as a teenager (Foden played less than 1000 in comparison).

Reece James, Mason Greenwood, Pedro Neto and Bukayo Sako have all played more minutes in the PL than Foden.

Milner started at Leeds, Lampard at West Ham, and Barry at Villa. None of them were the top level. Gerrard had played less that 50 senior appearances at 20 years of age, which is less than Foden.

The 4 young players you mention are really good players. But Reece James would not get in our squad with Cancelo and Walker ahead of him, Neto I would like at City but hes not playing at the top level YET, neither is Sako. Greenwood fair enough.

the Rooney comparison doesn’t make any sense. If foden has Rooneys career at city he’s he an all time great. Rooney played top flight football for years and won everything.

it’s almost as if you rather Phil played at 32 then 20....

in terms of other young players, Sterling should surely be an example of that. Starting playing regularly when he was 17 - are you saying he will be burnt out by next year?

Greenwood, saka, martinelli, Reece James are all playing regularly. Players only a year older like Declan rice, mason mount are as well. Plenty of players that are phils age that play regularly

How many of those young players would play regulary in Citys team?

A better thing to think about over those 4 years is that Phil has consistently gotten more minutes year after year, and I don't see that trajectory changing anytime soon.

Projecting this forward, he may become a regular pick by the time he’s 36.

The people calling for him to start every game ...

I’ll bite. Please name one.

One has to hope that Pep knows what he's doing here.

If Foden left the club it would be unforgivable.

To fans with a Manc connection, yes. To our management, no, as long as the fee is acceptable.

Maybe you have answered your own question. Pep wants all his players in form, hence why he may be giving game time to those not in form

OK but why does he then talk shit about picking on form, not reputation?

I am simply saying that I trust Pep with his development as it is very clear that he thinks highly of him.

Is it? How highly?

Don't believe the shit, the media spew. Phil has been handled absolutely perfectly by Pep. Look what happened to Gazza and Rooney, their careers were over as top class footballers before they were 30.

Yeah, let’s compare him with a serial piss-head and a brothel-creeping fat bastard.

Projecting this forward, he may become a regular pick by the time he’s 36.

I’ll bite. Please name one.

To fans with a Manc connection, yes. To our management, no, as long as the fee is acceptable.

OK but why does he then talk shit about picking on form, not reputation?

Is it? How highly?

Yeah, let’s compare him with a serial piss-head and a brothel-creeping fat bastard.
That depends where you measure form from. Last game or preparation for the next.

Surely he starts tonight....

The worst part is when he does start he does on the left when he clearly makes a huge impact when he’s in CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.