#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden is a genetic combination of Messi, David Silva and Leroy.

Messi - his dribbling style and running with the ball
David - intelligence to find pockets of space
Leroy - acceleration, speed and the way he glides with the ball to manoeuvre the opposition

He seemed to take missing that chance really personally. many others would have gone back into their shell feeling sorry for themselves Phil instead was like a man possessed determined to right his perceived wrong. Fantastic performance Phil just keeps getting better and better.
That's what the greatest do :)

Foden is a genetic combination of Messi, David Silva and Leroy.

Messi - his dribbling style and running with the ball
David - intelligence to find pockets of space
Leroy - acceleration, speed and the way he glides with the ball to manoeuvre the opposition
What about his finishing? He should have scored 3 last night after his fantastic dribbling, build up play and great ability to arrive in the right spot. He snatched at his shots, or hit them in the centre of the goal/at their keeper. The one time he did show composure, he scored.

I think you misread his emotions there. It wasn't calm and composure, it was frustration at not scoring earlier, he knew he should have scored at least one prior to that.

Actually think he cares a bit too much at times, hopefully learns to instantly shrug off those misses as he matures and doesn't let it eat at him as with his talent he'll always get another chance.
TBF i've seen this a lot from Sterling in the past as well when he misses a tonne of chances, and then is just clearly relieved to have finally scored one of them. I think on the whole, Phil usually hits the target and at least makes the keeper work (even if its straight at him) and that's clearly better than missing the target completely. But on the same line as Raz, the desire to keep going and not let your head drop is really good for the future.

Would be nice if the other lads start taking a gamble with their runs once Phil gets to the byline or into the box for a cross.

Stunning player/talent. Must’ve been frustrated with his performance but I’m glad he got the goal in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.