#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best left forward in the Prem now.

His finishing was poor last night, really frustrating to see the one where he had to change his entire body position to take a harder shot with his left foot than he should have simply taken with his right. That was as much at fault for why we didn’t put the first leg to bed as the defenders for their goal, because I don’t think they’d have scored if we’d gone 2-0 up..

But his overall game contribution was exciting and high level. He was turning their defenders inside out, he was active defensively, he was making incredible runs and putting in some dangerous crosses.

He’s better than Sterling and Mane now.

In another 18 months to 2 years, he’s going to be unplayable.
Wait till he gets to centre mid.
Which he will.
Under Pep...in time.

He was incredible. Need to see more of those runs he went on last night he had that full back all over. So similar to Sane in the way he carries the ball. Can go outside and inside on that wing so easily, nightmare to stop

Nightmare to stop is indeed correct. So crazy that he’s a CM/CAM and he’s just bossing it on the wing.

Nightmare to stop is indeed correct. So crazy that he’s a CM/CAM and he’s just bossing it on the wing.
I think the wing suits him at this age, like Pep says he has too much energy and wants to play at 100mph. As he gets older I’m certain he’ll play central instead

I think the wing suits him at this age, like Pep says he has too much energy and wants to play at 100mph. As he gets older I’m certain he’ll play central instead

I know. He’s fine on the wing. Let him keep learning. He’s got time

Being 20 years old and refusing to celebrate a winner in a Champions League quarter final because you're pissed off that you didn't score earlier is still pretty cool.

Probably posted elsewhere but his non-celebration was out of respect to family friend and his long-time legal adviser who has just died.

Jack Gaughan has penned a good piece about it in the Fail.

Started 3 games in the middle outside of the league Cup. Time to start calling him a winger. Just like Zinchenko is a LB not a midfielder.
No disrespect to Zinchenko but he’s got about a 1/5 of Foden’s talent. He’ll end up one of the best number 8’s in the world but for now yes he’s a winger in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.