#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was swamped off the ball and purposely fouled a lot by them in the first half. Couldn’t get anything going at all but still battled with them to show he wouldn’t be beaten.

Then he was superb second half.

They targeted him, won the first half battle against him, but he stood up and won the war!

What a goal!

So whether Sancho leaving was the better choice or not will always remain to be unknown, but I'd say he's done more than well enough for himself since going.

Unfortunately, as the post above suggests, it was more the reaction that was the issue. Because Sancho left, every young prospect should leave. Ignoring the countless that did and never quite hit the heights.

Truth is, whether Sancho left or not, and also whether Foden stayed or not, they both would have turned out great. These are two young players with far higher ceilings than most. The only thing that could've held them back is a manager like Solskjaer.

I do feel though that this is probably the 1000th time now that people should realise that having a bit of patience and trust with Pep over a player can go a long way.

Such a great player. Fantastic technique and plays with the air and grace of someone a lot older.
Could easily become one of the best players in the world soon. I don't mind admitting that after he scored and ran over to pep to celebrate, the look of joy on his face made me feel a tad emotional. So lucky to have him in our team.

So whether Sancho leaving was the better choice or not will always remain to be unknown, but I'd say he's done more than well enough for himself since going.

Unfortunately, as the post above suggests, it was more the reaction that was the issue. Because Sancho left, every young prospect should leave. Ignoring the countless that did and never quite hit the heights.

Truth is, whether Sancho left or not, and also whether Foden stayed or not, they both would have turned out great. These are two young players with far higher ceilings than most. The only thing that could've held them back is a manager like Solskjaer.

I do feel though that this is probably the 1000th time now that people should realise that having a bit of patience and trust with Pep over a player can go a long way.
He dropped a bollock professionally, not financially.... the inflated ego was always the issue, not the talent, he knew best along with his ‘advisers’...

Imagine he’d of stayed, we’d of had two of the biggest prospects to of come through our system and it would of been a big fuck you to all those backbiting outside the club...

Talent gets you so far, we’ve talked about this countless times in the Sane thread, again Sancho, imo, will never come close to Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.