#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he played mainly in the middle last night and was a big influence when he came on.

should be starting over mount
Would require balls from a man who subbed a sub in Grealish with Denmark dead on their feet. He gave them a great boost with that sub. Keeps winning though and is on the verge of a knighthood. The likes of Foden and Grealish will flourish under a manager who attacks and likes natural footballers

Would require balls from a man who subbed a sub in Grealish with Denmark dead on their feet. He gave them a great boost with that sub. Keeps winning though and is on the verge of a knighthood. The likes of Foden and Grealish will flourish under a manager who attacks and likes natural footballers
someone like eeeeermmmmmmmmm ,pep :)haha

Not a chance Saka starts the final imo

disagree.. Southgate got his scare last night. We weren’t creating enough. It all changed when Phil came on albeit against tired legs. Phil had to perform when he came on and he did.

He was Gareth’s scapegoate for the underwhelming group stage performances. He doesn’t need to frame anyone now as that’s all forgotten and with Phil coming on and making the difference. It’s made his selection for the final a simple one. He’ll play the same team as he did against Croatia bar obviously Maguire and Shaw.

Gone full circle with the attacking players and will end up playing the attackers he started the tournament with imo.

Can I ask any non resident City fans as I really can’t see it but how on earth does Mount or even Grealish get in before Phil. I try to be as objective as I can but honestly I don’t see it with Mount. Phil in the middle of that midfield with two holding midfielders behind him giving him essentially the number 10 role would be devastating. That little ball he put through to Kane at the end was a little taste of what he’s about. Plus he can keep the ball in tight spaces and play under pressure from the opposition. Something we will need Sunday with the quality of the Italian side.

is there something with mount that I’m not seeing.

Mount was crap last night however i think thats more down to the system.Sancho will probably come in for Saka.I think thats the only change.Say and moan all we want about Gareths tactics you cant knock him its working.

Its Mount that Foden should be replacing

No its not.

Spain showed everyone how to beat Italy. You pack the midfield and choke off supply to Jorginho.

Mount is the perfect player for that because its the role he plays for Chelsea. He sticks to the opposition DM and ruins their games he did it to devastating effect vs Fenandinho and Rodri this season.

But, Spinazzola has gone. Saka isn't needed to defend the LB like he was vs. Maele

Foden would be the smart selection because he will drop into midfield like Dani Olmo did for Spain.

Foden and Mount sticking to Jorginho and Verratti, that lets Rice sit back to cut out balls between Shaw and Maguire and Phillips go after Barella.

Sterling is going to have the run on their back line, Di Lorenzo looks like giving penalties away and Bonucci and Chiellini couldn't beat Sterling over 30 yards with a 20 yard headstart.

Mount was crap last night however i think thats more down to the system.Sancho will probably come in for Saka.I think thats the only change.Say and moan all we want about Gareths tactics you cant knock him its working.

He wasnt crap, he just doesn't play the role people think he does. He's not a number 10. He does as much defending and tracking back as attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.