Phil Foden....no longer just potential

Jesus H Gabz

Team supported
City
Like Christmas Day, we all knew Phil would arrive sooner or later, he’s been held back like a hungry lion & unleashed on the premier league, what a performance that was last night, on the pitch a billion pound of talent, and only Kev could surpass his brilliance. We’ve come back firing after lockdown & I don’t think it’s a coincidence he missed our only off par performance. The pace at which he operates at is what impresses me the most, whether he’s closing somebody down, the speed of a pass or a late run into the box, he’s clinical in front of goal and very two footed, I loved watching his battles with both scally full backs, they even had to switch them to stop him drifting inside, the way he plays can only be infectious to other players & our press is much better when he plays. There’s been a fair bit of negativity around the place with UEFA/CAS, Leroy’s departure and Sergio’s injury, and a large amount of squabbling on here! but at least we’ll all agree, this lad is a world beater and he’s ours : )

DARE I SAY IT(ooops) david silva is leaving , the king is dead,long live the king, hes obviously not near davids level yet, however he really could get there and sooner rather than later, imagine a 20 year old david silva, but with pace and an eye for goal ?

I said in the pre match thread that he has to play in any full strength team we play, as he gives us a new dimension - he is THAT good. He proved me right last night against the 'next best' in the Premier league, and possibly in Europe. Let's pray for a career free from injury so we can glory in his brilliance and athleticism. Him and KDB absolutely world class. What a pairing left to us after David leaves us next month.

I just hope we're not falling into manyoo trap of getting giddy about youth players. I don't think we are, but I just hope we're not.

After Kev been our consistently best player since football returned. Hard to see how any of the other attacking players start ahead of him.

Speaks volumes that Mahrez and Bernardo both were on the bench whilst Phil played from the right side of the front 3. The fact that he was almost MOTM from there is quite scary considering it isn't really his best position.

Special special player ,

A lot of neutrals scoffed when pep said he was the best youngster he’s ever seen , he’s no younger a youngster and proving pep right

DARE I SAY IT(ooops) david silva is leaving , the king is dead,long live the king, hes obviously not near davids level yet, however he really could get there and sooner rather than later, imagine a 20 year old david silva, but with pace and an eye for goal ?
Different player to Silva who was all about close control and vision. Foden not at the standard of control as David but he is faster and is a proven goal scorer.

Foden is making a real impact on games now and hopefully he can play an integral part in our quest for more trophies this season. As for England, surely Southgate has to pick him in the next squad and play him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.