Phil Foden....no longer just potential

The way pep has us playing foden is looking more and more mahrez like at the top right of a front 3...
Less leg work and strength required (which will come in due course) and more freedom of skill

Right now he could probably play comfortably in any of the front 5 positions. Might need a bit of practice to sort out the central striking role but he'd probably make a decent fist of it in a pinch. For someone only 20 years of age to be able to do that for one of the best teams in Europe is sensational. The future is here and his name is Phil Foden.

The one thing that always surprises me about Foden is how fast he is - deceptively so even with the ball at his feet.

That was a beauty,is a lampard comparison a decent one ?

Who knows. People are always desperate to liken a new player to an historical one. Lampard is a premier league great, so if he does emulate him, I doubt anyone would be disappointed.

Lampard is probably one of the most intelligent footballers of the past 30 years. Phil isn’t blessed with such a mind, but hopefully his football smarts will make up for that.

Who knows. People are always desperate to liken a new player to an historical one. Lampard is a premier league great, so if he does emulate him, I doubt anyone would be disappointed.

Lampard is probably one of the most intelligent footballers of the past 30 years. Phil isn’t blessed with such a mind, but hopefully his football smarts will make up for that.
Were you his teacher?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.