Phil Foden to leave England camp

People saying Foden is a "grown up" because he has fathered a child? He is 20 years old. I had a child at 18 and I was a completely different person by the time I reached 25, and it wasn't through being a parent. It's to do with the brain....it hasn't stopped developing at 20.
Yes he has been irresponsible and should be punished, but let's get it into perspective.
I think people are just disappointed as it wasn't expected of him, pep has handled him very well,he is now mature in mind and body to be let loose and he does something like that,he has always come across as level headed, i wouldn't want to face the man whose mother died of covid after breaking a countries and the fa's covid rules let alone his partner,k don't think we will see him for a while

You weren’t in the media spotlight and living through a Covid pandemic.

He should have known better.
Agreed. Looking like he couldn’t keep it in his trousers for just a week whilst he played in one, or possibly two, of the most important games in his career so far.

Just seen this video. The girls are filming the conversation before the meeting so they are obviously setting them up, either for money from the tabloids or similar. Not sure how they got the number but they did.

Why is it always girls setting lads up,seems to be they hooked up on social media and he gave out his number,kids film everything these days ,this thread has been shocking today

Reactions: Pam
The way I read people on here he was like Milner/Barry/Kane training wise and lead a quiet life.

The question is was he lead astray or done his own thing?

Walker getting a bollocking recently and Peps mother dying of covid, can't he just keep his balls in his trousers for a few weeks and save it for his wife instead?

maybe he does train like that and does lead a quiet life...it’s one incident. Quick to summarise/ write him off

I read it as more of a sweeping statement rather than being specifically directed at Foden having any mental health issues as it was in response to a poster who has been suffering recently.

Absolutely agree that it’s lads being stupid with an added dollop of being naive.

It was a daft thing to do, but I’m surprised at the levels of outrage. I remember being 20, I remember what it’s like having the libido of a 20yr old lad as I still do :)

I also remember going on tour & what happened on tour, always stayed on tour (obviously pre social media times). I can promise you now, what Foden has done is tame by comparison. Yes he’s a professional, but he’s also a human & we all, every last one of us, make mistakes all the way throughout our lives. The important part is how you learn from them.
Phil wasn't around in the "good old days" when players did what they want with whomever they wanted and never got found out so it's a ridiculous comparison to make. He knows the importance of the restrictions, they are the same whether he is with a City squad or with England. Agree it's down to him on whether he learns from it or not...it's his life and his career that's at stake.

I’ve known young Phil since he was 12 and he is a very quite young man. I looked at the daily mail video today and it appears to me that he wasn’t doing anything wrong. The media are a poisonous lot and as we all know especially towards City. Don’t fall for this people.

He met those girls and invited them into his room. That on its own is a big fuck up. Let's say that it hadn't come out until tomorrow afternoon that they came over- the whole game could've been in jeopardy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.