Phil Foden to leave England camp

He met those girls and invited them into his room. That on its own is a big fuck up. Let's say that it hadn't come out until tomorrow afternoon that they came over- the whole game could've been in jeopardy.
You are spot on. Regardless of whether they were set up or not they met people from outside their bubble. If they hadn't been caught, and just supposing one of the girls had the virus, they could have infected the whole England squad and potentially every Premier League squad.

I know it’s hard for young men to be sensible when their hormones are raging but these are strange times we live in and all of us have to be more responsible, even young footballers.

People will be over this in no time. I don't buy into the whole "he's a City player so he'll be judged differently from the rest" stuff.

Still disappointed in him but the choice is his now whether he wants to learn from this or go down Stones' path. He's a footballer and it's simply down to him whether he moves on or let's bullshit like this define his future.

Not quite that simple though is it ? They didn't sneak them into their room, they booked a seperate one for them, then visited it, breaking the covid regulations that the England squad were allowed into Iceland on condition of.

Just two daft filthy rich young lads in my opinion. They’ve let themselves down and I doubt neither of them would disagree with that.

Well the next Manchester Derby might be best sponsored by Durex, with highlights on crimewatch or Jeremy Kyle.
Good job social media wasnt at its peak in Rio, Best, Marsh and Summerbees day.
Luckily Harry Maguire advises it turns out that the players thoungh the girls were nurses and Marcus thought they were so undernourished he allocated a foodbank donation there and then. Move on, next scandal please.

Agree with all this. They are professional athletes and football has changed dramatically. They weren't on an amateur rugby club tour. Phil Foden is one of the best young players City have ever produced. There are lots of brilliant young players who destroyed their own careers before they got to the pinnacle.
I really hope someone at the club gets hold of him. Foden has chosen a career where he will always be in the public eye and will be very well rewarded for his efforts. As well as his family he has a responsibility to his club and the fans who support him.
This get's me ie, it seem ok for Rugby players too act like twats "well Rugby boys well be Rugby boy !
Yet Football players are meant to be saint.
Also Phil hasn't got any responsibility to me as a fan , the only thing I want from him, is for him to play his heart out on the pitch in a blue shirt .
Also I couldn't care less how much he gets paid, if he's well paid the club must think he deserves it !

You weren’t in the media spotlight and living through a Covid pandemic.

He should have known better.
True & true. However, I’m pretty certain I’d have done similar or worse as a 20yr old in his position. Pretty certain my dick ruled my brain back then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.