Phil Foden to Leeds on Loan?

I haven't slagged him. Far from it. As I've said countless times, I just don't think he's good enough. No big drama. I saw him absolutely hammered when he was injured, all over the place on the train. I don't think that's what any kid aiming to break into City's 1st team should be doing and I doubt most of the current squad, would have done the same. It's a very English thing, we like to think it's okay to get royally blitzed. Very different from most European cultures, especially Spain, France, Italy. Getting a place in City's 1st team is one massively difficult thing - he's up against genuine world class players. And he needs to do everything to enhance those chances. And, even then, from what I've seen, he ain't good enough. Not wumming, nothing against him personally. Just an opinion. On a forum. Fancy that.

Your obsessed with Foden, a young talented kid, who you saw after a few drinks aged 17, like we all haven't been there, wonder how many posts you have in this thread, fancy that weirdo.

Thank fuck for the ignore button.

I think that you come too far by saying that you have to be elite at 17/18, and it is just funny if you put it into perspective:

Luka Modric - debuted for Zagreb when he was 20 years 10 months and 20 days old DEBUTED FOR DINAMO ZAGREB in shit League
David Silva - debuted in La Liga when he was 19 years 7 months 20 days old
Daniele De Rossi - debuted in Serie A at 19 years 6 months and 1 day old
Yaya Toure- debut in Jupiler Pro League at 18 years 2 months 29 days, and in Ligue 1 when he was 23...
even Zidane debuted in Ligue 1 at 18 years 2 months 16 days old

I could really go on, but I think it should be enough to show you that your point doesn't stand. I just showed you 5 great midfielders, who never looked a part at 17. Most of them wasn't considered great until they were 21-23, and yet they are, or were as elite as you can become.

Speaking about mistakes, all young players do them. Sterling baloon to start with, and we all did some stupid things at 17. I would not go as far as you, to say that he will not make it because he looked little drunk once when he was injured, or because he is not Messi and doesn't play as first team regular at 17. If 4 beers could destroy your life, or career almost noone would ever make it in life :)

He is great prospect, has all raw attributes to become great player, and given how he is built, we will see the best of him in 2-3 seasons in my opinion. If he will be next Bojan, Dos Santos, or next David Silva or Modric, only time will tell and non of us has a clue.
Great post.

Shows Foden has done far more at 17 than most elite midfielders ever did at that age.

Last edited:
Why? I like Diaz he's clearly technically very gifted but his progression from my point of view has been very slow, Foden is also very technically gifted not to the same level as Brahim but he's miles in front when it comes to intelligence on the pitch.

I just think he does not have the physique to make it in midfield at the top level.I really hope Im wrong.

I know other small players like Messi etc have more than made it but their speed / control of the ball was something else.

He might have to play left back the way we are going with sales and injuries!

I just think he does not have the physique to make it in midfield at the top level.I really hope Im wrong.

I know other small players like Messi etc have more than made it but their speed / control of the ball was something else.
David & Bernado Silva both say Hi!

He's 18

He might have to play left back the way we are going with sales and injuries!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.