Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the boy wonder ready this season to start some premier league games or is that a step too far?

Nike are really pushing Foden a lot. He's already been the face of a clothing line for them, and now partaking in big marketing for a boot line with KDB, Coutinho, Ronaldinho and Neymar.

That's the lad who's never started a league game.

They obviously see him as potentially Englands next commercial superstar.

Last edited:
Is the boy wonder ready this season to start some premier league games or is that a step too far?
No reason why not. From the opening weekends fixtures I was interested as to how other teams would get on and how Foden or other youngsters can get minutes on the pitch.

Personally I believe the first stand out result was how poor West Ham looked under Pellergrini. The Hammers midfield looked to have no direction than from side to side and backwards. Also, looks like Pellers hasnt adapted to a more aggressive tactics or tactical fouling, meaning Foden may get to play more freely rather than against the newly promoted teams. I think Foden will definitely get minutes against them. This weekend West Ham are at home to Bournmouth and it will give us a better idea as the level of opposition won't be Liverpool.

Cardiff City, who lost to the previously mentioned Bournmouth on the opening day. Strongly believe this is one of those teams where 1 or 2 youngsters will get starts. No disrespect to Bournmouth, but they had Cardiff pinned back for large periods of the game and we're just technically better than Cardiff. Foden's chance to shine.

Fulham, I really don't know. Only saw highlights of their game against Palace, but from what I saw they looked lively. Would they play as open against ourselves, I really don't know. I doubt it. Think against this newly promoted club I'd rather see a more defensive or rounded player just Incase Fulham tried to catch us out. Love how this club has attmpted to start their return to the top flight. Sub appearance?

Huddersfield were smashed 3-0 by Chelsea on the opening day, a team tha Foden played very well against in the Community Shield. With the game only a couple of days away, the news of KDB's injury, will Silva be fit enough to start? If not we have a choice between Fern, Gundo, B Silva, Delph and Foden. At home this would have to be the ideal opportunity.

Brighton losing on the opening day is obviously another team to watch this weekend.

The next couple of games will give us more of an indication.

Interesting in the "All or Nothing" to see his name was in the 1st team squad at the start of last season.

Cardiff City, who lost to the previously mentioned Bournmouth on the opening day. Strongly believe this is one of those teams where 1 or 2 youngsters will get starts. No disrespect to Bournmouth, but they had Cardiff pinned back for large periods of the game and we're just technically better than Cardiff. Foden's chance to shine.

We need to be a bit careful. Cardiff will kick the shit out of us and Foden being younger and less experienced is more susceptible to getting cropped. The last thing we want is an injury that sidelines him for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.