Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that we have the best manager in world football, and yet people still don't trust his judgement.
Foden is in the best club/management situation he will ever find himself in , a loan out to a lesser club and a lesser manager, gives him game time but not access every day to the quality of management and players of exceptional quality that will help him long term . Pep knows what he has in Foden and how he will use him for the future, it just needs a little patience on the supporters part and probably a little bit on Fodens part .
I do think Bielsa and Leeds in a Championship title race would have been perfect for Foden or Diaz or both. Pep praises Bielsa to the hilt and playing a role in a title race would be ideal.

i think it was disappointing he didn't come on. 3- 0 and the game was over. why not bring him on ?? every manager we have had seems so reluctant to bring on young players in games that we have already won.

we complain they have to be good enough, but foden actually is good enough and still isn't being brought on. my self and others probably lack patience, but as i said he is good enough now and not playing any football isn't going to develop him. yesterdays game was a perfect opportunity for that to happen. if we get knocked out of the cups early well will he actually play ?

I think we've got to get away from the fact that Foden is a youth player. He's a squad member and will get games when the manager judges he's needed.

Sorry but this weirdly often repeated line just doesn't hold up.

He's never started a league game, he isn't a normal squad player like everyone else. He is a youth player, he's being treated like a youth player, it's not that hard.

He should play more, but he can't yet, hopefully he will later.

Sorry but this weirdly often repeated line just doesn't hold up.

He's never started a league game, he isn't a normal squad player like everyone else. He is a youth player, he's being treated like a youth player, it's not that hard.

He should play more, but he can't yet, hopefully he will later.

Pep has already spoken about him being part of the squad as opposed to a youth player. He'll get minutes when he's needed.

Pep has already spoken about him being part of the squad as opposed to a youth player. He'll get minutes when he's needed.

Yeah he's said he's in the first team because he's not playing EDS games anymore. He's never said he's just another player in the first team squad which is the line you came out with.

If he isn’t getting games now surely the situation won’t improve when KDB is back. Players should earn minutes, only my opinion but at the moment Foden deserves more minutes than mahrez who has been poor for me. Though I do think he will improve.

If he isn’t getting games now surely the situation won’t improve when KDB is back. Players should earn minutes, only my opinion but at the moment Foden deserves more minutes than mahrez who has been poor for me. Though I do think he will improve.

Agree entirely.

He gets the ball, does a stepover & passes it inside.

He will get there, but he doesn't deserve a shirt right now & is only getting games because we paid a load of money for him.

Agree entirely.

He gets the ball, does a stepover & passes it inside.

He will get there, but he doesn't deserve a shirt right now & is only getting games because we paid a load of money for him.

It’s fairly obvious that Guardiola has a hierarchy when it comes to subs. I reckon before the game yesterday 95% of the crowd would have predicted the 3 players to come on.

Shame we didn't spunk £20m on young Foden. Bet he would have had a bit more playing time if we had ? Wonder if he keeps in touch with Sancho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.