Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame we didn't spunk £20m on young Foden. Bet he would have had a bit more playing time if we had ? Wonder if he keeps in touch with Sancho?
Foden is a very special player but we are 4 games in and have need for our first team to get up to speed and new player to bed in, like you i want to see more and think we will do, because i can not see Gundogen keeping him out, attacking wise i think Foden has already surpassed him but stamina also has a part to play

Are you actually questioning Pep's decision making? If he's indeed good enough, then Pep will play him.

Pep literally made a bad decision with his starting line on Tuesday, he’s not infallible you know .

Pep literally made a bad decision with his starting line on Tuesday, he’s not infallible you know .

Yer right, C. I think he maintains the same style with the notion that all would have been well had we not made the mistakes! I didn't particularly see any mistakes on Wednesday. Lyon just scored a couple of goals when given the chance. We might have defended better but decent strikers, given the opportunity, will invariably convert. Pep seems to be striving for a 'mistake' free approach. Unfortunately, a spherical object at the centre of the game will always conjure up the unexpected.

Pep is not infallible. Go check some of the names of academy players who got games at Barcelona (the greatest club side ever imo).

Isaac Cuenca, Christian Tello, Jeffren Suarez just to name three. Such household names!

This myth that you have to be super good to get in our team is silly. How do we not know Foden trains better than Mahrez and Diaz has been better than Sane? Moreover it is a head in the sand mindset to shift all the blame on the kids who are desperate to get a chance and impress. Foden was fucking class in the CS. We didn't need Mahrez when Diaz was waiting in the wings.

Barcelona have a culture where you have to link the academy to first team. Their fans and hierachy demand it. We don't have that culture thus don't expect it - Pep was brought in with the idea he would but he's disappointed me in that aspect.

Pep is not infallible. Go check some of the names of academy players who got games at Barcelona (the greatest club side ever imo).

Isaac Cuenca, Christian Tello, Jeffren Suarez just to name three. Such household names!

This myth that you have to be super good to get in our team is silly. How do we not know Foden trains better than Mahrez and Diaz has been better than Sane? Moreover it is a head in the sand mindset to shift all the blame on the kids who are desperate to get a chance and impress. Foden was fucking class in the CS. We didn't need Mahrez when Diaz was waiting in the wings.

Barcelona have a culture where you have to link the academy to first team. Their fans and hierachy demand it. We don't have that culture thus don't expect it - Pep was brought in with the idea he would but he's disappointed me in that aspect.

Only way it will change is if the premier bring a rule in that there should be at least 1 home grown youth player starting a premier game and that’s never going to happen so it’s up to the clubs owners to insist on it but again that ain’t going back to happen.

It's up to Foden really. If he's ok to sit on the bench and be part of the team from there, and training with them, then crack on. If he wants game time then it's up to him whether he wants a loan move. No one on here knows what discussions he's had with Guardiola, or whether there is a plan in place for him regarding how many starts he'll get, and in what type of games.

Foden is being handled correctly. The truth is had Foden started ahead of Gundogan for example, it would not be on merit. This could destabilize the squad.

I believe Foden will start Tuesday and will start many more games and eventually prove himself this season. Once he does so he will show enough to take Gundogan’s place imo.

Proablem with all our players early season who are on the bench or just missing out on the bench is actual game time Foden and Diaz not getting any games with our u23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.