Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was pretty poor in the first half but brilliant in the second half. That through ball to Sergio was filthy.

The question is: is he gonna get the game time he needs with Fern, Gundogan, Bernardo, Merl, Mahrez, Sane, and Sterling playing?

You can chuck Brahim in there as well.

The question is: is he gonna get the game time he needs with Fern, Gundogan, Bernardo, Merl, Mahrez, Sane, and Sterling playing?

You can chuck Brahim in there as well.

Take the wingers out because they're largely irrelevant.

Our designated CMs are:
  1. De Bruyne
  2. Silva
  3. Gundogan
  4. Bernardo
  5. Foden
With Bernardo sometimes playing wide or as a False 9, Foden is essentially 4.5th choice in CM, which is about ideal atm imo, I wouldn't feel secure if he was outright 4th choice when injuries & age could be a factor in 2 of the remaining 3.
4 competitions, suspensions, injuries, rests, I dare say he'll get more minutes than any other 18yr old in the PL, and more meaningful mins than he got last season.

TBH, I'm just gonna enjoy the fact that we have him and let Pep worry about how many minutes he needs. At the end of the day he's progressing and getting to the point Pep will feel he can trust him to start in some PL games.

He's getting way more game time/exposure under Pep than Thiago was at his age and he molded him into a world class talent. The sky is the limit for this lad.

Our designated CMs are:
  1. De Bruyne
  2. Silva
  3. Gundogan
  4. Bernardo
  5. Foden
With Bernardo sometimes playing wide or as a False 9, Foden is essentially 4.5th choice in CM, which is about ideal atm imo, I wouldn't feel secure if he was outright 4th choice when injuries & age could be a factor in 2 of the remaining 3.
4 competitions, suspensions, injuries, rests, I dare say he'll get more minutes than any other 18yr old in the PL, and more meaningful mins than he got last season.

TBH, I'm just gonna enjoy the fact that we have him and let Pep worry about how many minutes he needs. At the end of the day he's progressing and getting to the point Pep will feel he can trust him to start in some PL games.
Ideal being fifth choice lol. He won’t even make the bench most of the games then. And if we sign one more DM (Weigl/Veratti) he’ll be even further down as Fernandinho will be prioritized in front of him. And I’d be absolutely shocked if he gets more minutes than Sessegnon.

Our designated CMs are:
  1. De Bruyne
  2. Silva
  3. Gundogan
  4. Bernardo
  5. Foden

Ryan Sessegnon will play a lot more than Foden

Ryan Sessegnon will play a lot more than Foden

He will but I predict that he will flag in the premiership if they rely on him too much. The correct approach with a 17-18 year old is to ensure they have responsibilities but no to rely on them to win games.

He will but I predict that he will flag in the premiership if they rely on him too much. The correct approach with a 17-18 year old is to ensure they have responsibilities but no to rely on them to win games.
Agree he’s strong on the ball but will tire. 10-20 starts and involved in most games is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.