Philip Green

We can’t discuss the accusation until the injunction is lifted.
Peter Hain has Parliamentary privilege. Even the Telegraph cannot confirm it his him yet.
Remember Bryan Riggs and Elton John.

The thing I can't understand after listening to a lawyer who had knowledge of the case was that there was no provision in the NDA's that exempted the accused if a law had been broken which the lawyer was pretty adamant having seen the papers hadn't been in any of the complaints.

The accused allegedly (and quite rightly) doesn't have any positive reputation to uphold so what is the benefit of them being named under parliamentary privilege?

I can't imagine the three judges who put the NDA in place will be too chuffed.

Without defending what Green may have done in any way, I must say I'm a bit uneasy with the way Peter Hain has circumvented the courts using Parliamentary privilege like this. Whatever I might think of that court decision, the judiciary is there to apply the law.

Deciding to just ignore it and do so from the safety of the chamber is not something to be done lightly. There's no limit on that absolute privilege.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.