Philippe Coutinho

To be honest if he's availble for 59m like some reports says i don't see why not. He may not have had the best of times since Liverpool but he's still quality.

He would suit our system like a glove either as one of the 8's or as the left inside forward. He could do worse... however him and Foden would occupy the same positions
As Pep has always said "you can never have enough midfielders".

My thoughts (long post):
People are probably sharpening their pitchfork's as I type this comment, but I definitely think we should consider him as a Sané replacement. Neither Barca or Bayern has played to his strength's, so I reckon the world class player is still there

Pro's
1. He'd be very versatile in our system. Either of the left sided positions (offensive mid and inside forward) would suit his playstyle like a glove

2. Getting him would mean that we finally can put Sterling on the right again. Everyone and their Granny knows when he's gonna cut in, which has forced him to use his left foot

3. When he scores every Liverpool fans would probably feel like forking out their fucking eyeballs

Con's
1. If he plays LW the left side of our team would consist of fucking turtles. Neither Mendy, Foden or Coutinho are known for their pace.

2. If he plays offensive mid he'll take Foden's place

The problem with a Sané replacement is that his position is practically extinct at the top level which means that a. We have to get someone with another playstyle like Coutinho or b. Convert an left footed inside winger to a left wing like we did with Sané

Oh, and before anyone says Leon Bailey, he'll never be NEAR city quality. Stagnated for years and wildly inconsistent which means he's glued to the Leverkusen bench. Pep would probably play himself or Gundogan at left wing before Bailey

Tl;dr: Coutinho is a good and versatile fit for us. Sterling would move to the right, but left side might be too slow with Coutinho as a winger. Him as an 8 might decrease Foden's minutes. No real Sané replacement on the market because every left footed winger plays on the right, so we'll have to settle for a different player type or convert a right winger like we did with Sané. Bailey is a similar player but is wank

My thoughts (long post):
People are probably sharpening their pitchfork's as I type this comment, but I definitely think we should consider him as a Sané replacement. Neither Barca or Bayern has played to his strength's, so I reckon the world class player is still there

Pro's
1. He'd be very versatile in our system. Either of the left sided positions (offensive mid and inside forward) would suit his playstyle like a glove

2. Getting him would mean that we finally can put Sterling on the right again. Everyone and their Granny knows when he's gonna cut in, which has forced him to use his left foot

3. When he scores every Liverpool fans would probably feel like forking out their fucking eyeballs

Con's
1. If he plays LW the left side of our team would consist of fucking turtles. Neither Mendy, Foden or Coutinho are known for their pace.

2. If he plays offensive mid he'll take Foden's place

The problem with a Sané replacement is that his position is practically extinct at the top level which means that a. We have to get someone with another playstyle like Coutinho or b. Convert an left footed inside winger to a left wing like we did with Sané

Oh, and before anyone says Leon Bailey, he'll never be NEAR city quality. Stagnated for years and wildly inconsistent which means he's glued to the Leverkusen bench. Pep would probably play himself or Gundogan at left wing before Bailey

Tl;dr: Coutinho is a good and versatile fit for us. Sterling would move to the right, but left side might be too slow with Coutinho as a winger. Him as an 8 might decrease Foden's minutes. No real Sané replacement on the market because every left footed winger plays on the right, so we'll have to settle for a different player type or convert a right winger like we did with Sané. Bailey is a similar player but is wank

He's a fucking over-rated flake mate.

Good player but not for me at that price or anything like.....should be scouting for far better value. Isn't it funny how Barca let a player of so much value join Bayern on loan, all very strange...

According to most of the papers Philippe Coutinho would be available for a transfer fee from Barcelona of around £80million. Would his style of play suit the way we play. I think that he would be a good buy for us .
Good buy for Barça. He doesn't have that many suitors for £80 millions and his huge wages. Didn't impress at Bayern Munich either. Not even considered as a starter recently.

Good buy for Barça. He doesn't have that many suitors for £80 millions and his huge wages. Didn't impress at Bayern Munich either. Not even considered as a starter recently.

So over-hyped when at Liverpool, and Barca were fucking desperate once Neymar to PSG.

Whoever agreed to pay his fee at Barca should be sacked ( if not already ).

£80 is stupid money for him when you consider the wages it'll take to sign him also. Finances aside though? Sure, I'd take him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.