Philippines

How was Lipe? Not been for about 10 years but fancy going back soon

I actually stayed on Koh Adang, about a 10 min boat ride from Lipe.
Everything that I was reading about Lipe was saying how busy and developed it's becoming, whereas Adang only has one hotel on the island yet is just a stones throw from Lipe. Was happy with the decision as it really felt like a typical paradise island, hardly anyone there, picture perfect beach and backed by rainforest. Lipe also looks amazing, and you'd stay on Lipe if you wanted an evening scene to soak up, but it does have a lot of boats coming and going so you don't have that 'away from it all' feel.

Was only a late decision to go there and a flying visit for just one night whilst I was staying in Langkawi. Very glad I went.

https://adangresorts.com/

You can say that again, didn't pop round for a cup of tea whilst you were in my home city:-(

Haha I was battered for my 2 days in KL, you wouldn't have wanted a drunken me turning up on your doorstep :)

Great city, been twice now and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

If you decide to head to Palawan or Mindanao, check the Home Office website first, as a while ago they issued advice not to go to those areas, due to the Islamic Fundamentalists, Abu Sayyaf. This would invalidate any insurance you have, if you ignore it.

Cheers for this.
Keeping an eye on the home office no go map and so far it doesn't intrude on any places I might visit, but obv a lot can change between now and February!

Sadly I don't think I'm gonna have the time to visit Palawan :(

It looks like I might have filled in the ? on the itinerary, with an impulsive splurge earlier this week on a hotel in Bohol that should've been £550 a night (for that week anyway) but managed to get 5 nights for £650. Despite it being a bit more than I ideally wanted to spend, it was simply an offer too good to turn down.

https://www.southpalmsresort.com/

Coupled with the hotel I'm holding in Boracay, it seems I have an itinerary framework now of 2 nights Manila on arrival, 6 nights Boracay, 5 nights Bohol and then a final night in Manila before my early flight back.

I know I'm definitely gonna have to return to the Philippines at some point in the future cos all the suggestions look amazing and I'll only be scratching the surface on this trip.
Any pointers for Boracay and Bohol, aside from the obvious stuff, are most welcome. Plus for Manila too, and Beijing.

Roll on February!

Everything that I was reading about Lipe was saying how busy and developed it's becoming, whereas Adang only has one hotel on the island yet is just a stones throw from Lipe. Was happy with the decision as it really felt like a typical paradise island, hardly anyone there, picture perfect beach and backed by rainforest. Lipe also looks amazing, and you'd stay on Lipe if you wanted an evening scene to soak up, but it does have a lot of boats coming and going so you don't have that 'away from it all' feel.

Was only a late decision to go there and a flying visit for just one night whilst I was staying in Langkawi. Very glad I went.

Ta pal how was Adang price wise for accom etc?

Ta pal how was Adang price wise for accom etc?

It was just shy of £60 for a deluxe bungalow room with breakfast for one night based on 2 adults, booked only 3 weeks before arrival.
Food and drink at the hotel was reasonable, they have a monopoly as there is literally nowhere else to go without getting a boat to Lipe but they didn't take the piss price wise.
They have free snorkels and kayaks, and there are a couple of treks you can do if you're feeling energetic. Pool is lovely.

As much as I enjoyed the peace and tranquil surroundings, I don't think I could do more than 2/3 nights. Perfect for a short break though; was so nice to not be surrounded by hordes of other tourists!

It was just shy of £60 for a deluxe bungalow room with breakfast for one night based on 2 adults, booked only 3 weeks before arrival.
Food and drink at the hotel was reasonable, they have a monopoly as there is literally nowhere else to go without getting a boat to Lipe but they didn't take the piss price wise.
They have free snorkels and kayaks, and there are a couple of treks you can do if you're feeling energetic. Pool is lovely.

As much as I enjoyed the peace and tranquil surroundings, I don't think I could do more than 2/3 nights. Perfect for a short break though; was so nice to not be surrounded by hordes of other tourists!

Ta pal .. last time we passed through you could only stay in the park rangers cabins

Shit, I went to Koh Lipe in 2011 and there was only one boat in and out a day. There were maybe 10 tourists on the whole island.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

I've been looking forward to this trip for months and months, and now we have the ever so small problem of Coronavirus. Although the Philippines has (I think) just one confirmed case, the airline I'm flying with a week on Sunday is China Southern Airlines. I have a 2 hour layover in Guangzhou on the outbound flight, and an enforced overnight layover in Guangzhou on the inbound flight.

Despite a lot of airlines cancelling all services into China, the big 3 airlines (China Southern, China Eastern and Air China) in that country are seemingly operating as normal. But a lot could change in the 9 days before I go, so it's very much 'watch this space'.

On the CSA website homepage, it's almost as if the virus isn't happening; there was been no mention of any travel advice until today, where they have stated the following....

''31 January, 2020

In order to make efforts to prevent and control the transmission of infections and ensure the health of passengers and employees, China Southern Airlines has formulated and strictly implemented epidemic prevention and control measures.

For passengers who need to travel in the near future, we suggest you to strengthen yourself protection. In order to ensure your travel safety please read the following guidelines:

1. Plan travel time sufficiently

At this moment, various airports have taken measures for prevention and control, such as taking temperature and filling in health status declaration forms. We would recommend you to schedule your arrival time to the airport sufficiently for the implementation of the prevention and control measures.

2. Wear a mask

You are obligated to wear a mask both in the airport as well as in the cabin.

3. Take a pen

To fill out any form you are required.

4. Take the initiate to cooperate with temperature measure

It is recommended that you cooperate with relevant departments and take the temperature test''

As long as I take a pen I'll be reet :)
I'm monitoring the situation closely but if anyone see's anything specifically related to CSA flights then please do post on here.

By hook or by crook I'll get to the Philippines....

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

I've been looking forward to this trip for months and months, and now we have the ever so small problem of Coronavirus. Although the Philippines has (I think) just one confirmed case, the airline I'm flying with a week on Sunday is China Southern Airlines. I have a 2 hour layover in Guangzhou on the outbound flight, and an enforced overnight layover in Guangzhou on the inbound flight.

Despite a lot of airlines cancelling all services into China, the big 3 airlines (China Southern, China Eastern and Air China) in that country are seemingly operating as normal. But a lot could change in the 9 days before I go, so it's very much 'watch this space'.

On the CSA website homepage, it's almost as if the virus isn't happening; there was been no mention of any travel advice until today, where they have stated the following....

''31 January, 2020

In order to make efforts to prevent and control the transmission of infections and ensure the health of passengers and employees, China Southern Airlines has formulated and strictly implemented epidemic prevention and control measures.

For passengers who need to travel in the near future, we suggest you to strengthen yourself protection. In order to ensure your travel safety please read the following guidelines:

1. Plan travel time sufficiently

At this moment, various airports have taken measures for prevention and control, such as taking temperature and filling in health status declaration forms. We would recommend you to schedule your arrival time to the airport sufficiently for the implementation of the prevention and control measures.

2. Wear a mask

You are obligated to wear a mask both in the airport as well as in the cabin.

3. Take a pen

To fill out any form you are required.

4. Take the initiate to cooperate with temperature measure

It is recommended that you cooperate with relevant departments and take the temperature test''

As long as I take a pen I'll be reet :)
I'm monitoring the situation closely but if anyone see's anything specifically related to CSA flights then please do post on here.

By hook or by crook I'll get to the Philippines....
You'll be fine mate, I went out to SE Asia a few times during that SARS crisis before with no problems.

Just don't go banging any farmyard animals while away from home, or it's off to the Wirral you go, probably be worse having to listen to them accents, than having coronavirus!

Have a fantastic trip, Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.