Phoenix Club Arise like lions after slumber

I pretty much despise the Super League as a concept and think most of it will be dull as fuck in practice. But I'd rather watch City in the Super League than throw in my lot with a self-styled MCFC equivalent of FC SCUM.

I've no idea why anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would think that the 'soul' of their club is embodied by that kind of set-up even if they feel betrayed by the traditional club. What made the latter special, though it may have dissipated, can't just be replicated by forming a brand new entity, nicking the colours, thinking up a similar name, and having some ageing arseholes balloon around singing terrace songs from the seventies.

Any City venture along those lines would be an utter embarrassment. If people are so disaffected that they want to abandon our club, that's up to them. If they want a replacement football fix, watch a local non-league team. If a City identity is important, embrace Maine Road FC, who developed it naturally and without the vapid, nauseating, risible conceit that they're the true keepers of the MCFC flame.
100% this, especially the last paragraph. Plus, who wants to be called a splitter?

I pretty much despise the Super League as a concept and think most of it will be dull as fuck in practice. But I'd rather watch City in the Super League than throw in my lot with a self-styled MCFC equivalent of FC SCUM.

I've no idea why anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would think that the 'soul' of their club is embodied by that kind of set-up even if they feel betrayed by the traditional club. What made the latter special, though it may have dissipated, can't just be replicated by forming a brand new entity, nicking the colours, thinking up a similar name, and having some ageing arseholes balloon around singing terrace songs from the seventies.

Any City venture along those lines would be an utter embarrassment. If people are so disaffected that they want to abandon our club, that's up to them. If they want a replacement football fix, watch a local non-league team. If a City identity is important, embrace Maine Road FC, who developed it naturally and without the vapid, nauseating, risible conceit that they're the true keepers of the MCFC flame.
Well said,

This is one of those stories that the more I think about it, the more it sucks. Many people seem to think that we will have a choice in the matter, I have a growing feeling that its far from set in stone that clubs will remain in their current locations and indeed even their current countries, from a revenue standpoint having a "European Super League" in at most 12 cities across Europe is actually pretty short-sighted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.