Photo stick Omni whatsit.

Eccles Blue

Please can someone help me with this.

I have photos all over the place, laptop, iPad, iPhone and in different files/folders. I want to get them all together in one place so that I can do a cull as I have a lot of duplicates and scenery that need to be sorted out.
I keep seeing this Photostick Omni being advertised and they sound so easy to use! Is it as easy as it says? Or is it a con? :-)

Thank you for any assistance. :-)

Try any of the free cloud storage facilities or Amazon photos, if you have prime, give you unlimited photos.

Please can someone help me with this.

I have photos all over the place, laptop, iPad, iPhone and in different files/folders. I want to get them all together in one place so that I can do a cull as I have a lot of duplicates and scenery that need to be sorted out.
I keep seeing this Photostick Omni being advertised and they sound so easy to use! Is it as easy as it says? Or is it a con? :-)

Thank you for any assistance. :-)
Never heard of it before but the Amazon reviews are all over the place. Can you not just create a folder system on your laptop and start your cull from there?

Not familiar with the device either but have had a little look.

I can't find a review from a decent independent source that you could trust. All the reviews I can find are basically infomercials that you would assume are actually part of their marketing.

The review ratings are all over the shop for every person praising it there's another saying it's crap. The poor reviews seem to cover three issues (a) the devices not working and having to be replaced or (b) it not actually being very easy to use which seems to defeat the point. (c) after purchase being heavily spammed suggesting there's some sort of unwanted adware installed as part of the process.

Only a personal opinion but it doesn't look all that to me.

As Denis has suggested, would it not be better to use a service like iCloud or a similar one?

Try any of the free cloud storage facilities or Amazon photos, if you have prime, give you unlimited photos.

Never heard of it before but the Amazon reviews are all over the place. Can you not just create a folder system on your laptop and start your cull from there?

Not familiar with the device either but have had a little look.

I can't find a review from a decent independent source that you could trust. All the reviews I can find are basically infomercials that you would assume are actually part of their marketing.

The review ratings are all over the shop for every person praising it there's another saying it's crap. The poor reviews seem to cover three issues (a) the devices not working and having to be replaced or (b) it not actually being very easy to use which seems to defeat the point. (c) after purchase being heavily spammed suggesting there's some sort of unwanted adware installed as part of the process.

Only a personal opinion but it doesn't look all that to me.

As Denis has suggested, would it not be better to use a service like iCloud or a similar one?
Thanks Guys,
I do use iCloud storage but what I was after and thought this omni thing was is filtering just the photos not the Word or Adobe files out. I guess I will just have to trawl through them all over a weekend.
You see, being me, I've put photos in folders that also have other files instead of setting up folders just for photos. DUH.

Thank you for your help. I guess it is a rod I have created for my own back!! :-)

Thanks Guys,
I do use iCloud storage but what I was after and thought this omni thing was is filtering just the photos not the Word or Adobe files out. I guess I will just have to trawl through them all over a weekend.
You see, being me, I've put photos in folders that also have other files instead of setting up folders just for photos. DUH.

Thank you for your help. I guess it is a rod I have created for my own back!! :-)
If the photos are all of one or two types (jpg or png say) then you could filter/search just for them and move them?

Edit: if you need to keep the photos apart from each other then copy the folder structures en masse and then filter/search for everything that isn't a photo and delete them. The originals will be safe elsewhere. You will need to go back to the original folders and filter/search for the photos and delete them if needed.

If the photos are all of one or two types (jpg or png say) then you could filter/search just for them and move them?

Edit: if you need to keep the photos apart from each other then copy the folder structures en masse and then filter/search for everything that isn't a photo and delete them. The originals will be safe elsewhere. You will need to go back to the original folders and filter/search for the photos and delete them if needed.
Thank you, I hadn't thought about that. I will have a go this weekend. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.