Photography

Cheers for all the above, much appreciated, I will have a proper look tonight after work.

As a side note I got the 18-55 and a 50mm 1.8 thrown in for not much more on top, i've taken quite a few shots with the 50mm and have had quite a bit of success (imo anyway) at getting some good bokeh? Shots

chabal said:
Can't help with the photography but in terms of a mid life crisis it's only a genuine one if;

a) you get a tattoo
b) admit to it
c) leave bluemoon
d) come back again
E) Purchase a motorbike, most likely a cruiser

Hope this helps.

edited for accuracy

A good friend of mine is a semi professional travel photographer. She regularly contributes to a French photography mag as well as having a couple of books published and this year she was a judge of a national competition.

Take a look at her web site for a bit of inspiration:

http://www.cfotogenic.com/

She's also a fantastic cook!

chabal said:
Can't help with the photography but in terms of a mid life crisis it's only a genuine one if;

a) you get a tattoo
b) admit to it
c) leave bluemoon
d) come back again

Hope this helps.
So MCFCBOB was a middle aged man really?

BlueTG said:
chabal said:

a) you get a tattoo
b) admit to it
c) leave bluemoon
d) come back again

Hope this helps.
So MCFCBOB was a middle aged man really?

You don't know the half of it.

SiWatts90 said:
I'm not sure whether i'm having an early midlife crisis or not and the Mrs say's it's rather gay but a couple of months back whilst out on my bike, I decided I wanted a new 'hobby'. Bought myself a Canon 650d and have started to really enjoy snapping lots of different subjects, mainly buildings of interest.

Anyone else into photography? amateur or pro..

After some recommendations of books etc to help me to the next level

As a beginner the last thing you need is books and websites. Just stick the 50mm nifty fifty on and get out and about taking shots. Aim to get yourself on full manual as soon as you can, everything you learn in between will take you to the next level as you put it. Enjoy!

I am an amateur tog. http://www.pjdphotography.wordpress.com

I agree with most that the best way to learn is to get out and shoot. Shutter speed and aperture relationship is key to having some control and once you master that you are away.Compositionally the rule of thirds can be a useful guide too.
Aim to be shooting in manual asap and whilst shooting in RAW does give you a lot of post photo processing control aim to get the shot right first time and your photographic eye will develop quicker.
Most of all try lots of different subjects and enjoy yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.