Photography

wish i had a spare £500 to spend on a camera without knowing how to use it. Seriously. you dont need books, you need to write down what settings you take for a set of pictures. change the settings then snap again. mix between landscape, day/night, portrait, action, light, sports etc. please dont get into the blurred water over rocks area, every single person i know does that, even with their smartphones. [bigimg]http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00007wWUvVdRwSY/s/600/600/Flat-Rocks-Cascade.jpg[/bigimg] And remember, if you are a good photographer, you wont need any computer photography package worth £800. Look at the pictures of Kevin Carter, Ansel Adams. Theres a reason why they were famous.

Second Skin said:
I have started out doing a bit now, I use a Panasonic DMC FZ45, which is a bridge camera. Been thinking about going to a DSLR but I am not confident enough to know what I am doing.

I have used this website which I find quite good, especially around specific scenarios : http://www.exposureguide.com/

You can also see some of my pics here: My Pics

some really great shots there mate, make the jump up to dslr, if you like your panasonic go for the new lumix g5, i have to g3 myself i love it, i have used nikon and cannon, but i prefer my lumix

8958293246_41d2c3bcc3.jpg
8958278168_c077a72c9e.jpg

8957081139_f07b914126.jpg
8957102273_4844146370.jpg

8957096737_6d41081276.jpg
8958275954_77b52038cf.jpg

All taken with a very average compact camera with a little bit of editing.

Drog_Town_Punk said:
Second Skin said:
I have started out doing a bit now, I use a Panasonic DMC FZ45, which is a bridge camera. Been thinking about going to a DSLR but I am not confident enough to know what I am doing.

I have used this website which I find quite good, especially around specific scenarios : http://www.exposureguide.com/

You can also see some of my pics here: My Pics

some really great shots there mate, make the jump up to dslr, if you like your panasonic go for the new lumix g5, i have to g3 myself i love it, i have used nikon and cannon, but i prefer my lumix

Cheers mate, I have been looking at the G3 & G5. Are they easy to use? I am still getting to grips with mine and I do spend a lot of time scratching my head :)

Never seen the point in it myself, if you want a good photo of something, just go on google images and save yourself the time, money and effort.

Sheikh said:
pee dubya said:
All taken with a very average compact camera with a little bit of editing.
What camera is it?
Nikon coolpix s6200, the autofocus drove me insane. I had an Nikon D40 before that but it got pinched and at the time i could only replace it with this one.

Sheikh said:
117 M34 said:
Never seen the point in it myself, if you want a good photo of something, just go on google images and save yourself the time, money and effort.
NotSureIfSerious.png

Of course I'm serious, if someone wants to put a picture up of something they have taken, I will find a better picture of the same thing using google images, without leaving my chair.

Obviously, personal photos are different, but just taking pictures of random buildings, trees and animals seems pointless to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.