Physical City

BlueCityfan

Haha..got some quotes from United forums...i usually look opponents forums after the game.

We are regarded as an very physical team! The opponents are scared of our beasts! We should be proud of our physique in the team!

Here is some quotes:

Yeah we should have started Anderson in midfield to go up against Toure. They were physically more dominant in midfield with Toure and De Jong.

City fans must be proud of their physiques. And you lot claim Americans are the fattest.

Dont you just love our players! Imagine how scared the opponents are :D

We are like Stoke but our players are more than capable of playing with their feet.

Love this physical side Mancini is building! We City fans can be really proud of our physical but also technical players!

Keep the fate! Exciting summer market and Champions league waiting for us!

Btw...this is not just the United fans who are complaining about our physique.

All the other teams fans have also noticed it.

BlueCityfan said:
Haha..got some quotes from United forums...i usually look opponents forums after the game.

We are regarded as an very physical team! The opponents are scared of our beasts! We should be proud of our physique in the team!

Here is some quotes:

Yeah we should have started Anderson in midfield to go up against Toure. They were physically more dominant in midfield with Toure and De Jong.

City fans must be proud of their physiques. And you lot claim Americans are the fattest.

We are like Stoke but our players are more than capable of playing with their feet.

Love this physical side Mancini is building! We City fans can be really proud of our physical but also technical players!

I think the second quote was about the fans taking off their shirts after the game ;)

Ragnarok said:
BlueCityfan said:

Here is some quotes:

I think the second quote was about the fans taking off their shirts after the game ;)

Oops..Hahahaaa :D Sorry.

For the first half hour we didn't use our physicality, but after that we did and began to dominate.

I reckon that stemmed from the defence pushing up (as per Mancini's orders), it meant we stood off them less, got our physical players closer to the general play and compressed the midfield.

It was that change that turned the match in our favour.

pee dubya said:
For the first half hour we didn't use our physicality, but after that we did and began to dominate.

I reckon that stemmed from the defence pushing up (as per Mancini's orders), it meant we stood off them less, got our physical players closer to the general play and compressed the midfield.

Couldnt agree more mate....just waiting for Dismal Dave to come along and try to burst your bubble

bluetoo said:
pee dubya said:

Couldnt agree more mate....just waiting for Dismal Dave to come along and try to burst your bubble

I wonder why it took 30 minutes?

pee dubya said:

Yep, that was the moment.

He must have ranted for 3/4 minutes non stop to get the message through.

I thought he was a really strong presence on the touchline today. None of it was for the cameras, it was all 100% focused on the players (and officials).

It reminded me very much of the match in Italy where I first really took notice of Mancini. In his third season, last game of the season they were away from home, needing to win to secure their third succesive Scudetti. I can't remember if they were 0-0 or 1-0 down... anyway, they weren't playing well...it became very clear that Mancini was a huge presence on the touchline in the second half, screaming orders and making his point over and over in a very, very plain and forceful manner. His body language and his shouting conveyed the message with absolute clarity and total certainty. They went on to score two terrific goals and win comfortably.

Today was all about the players*, the club and the fans, far more so than the manager... but whatever you can ask from a him as leader, you got it today.

* (very much including those who weren't there)

I think Mancini is going to sign in summer some phyiscal players.

Sanchez..who will probly come to us is short but very strong. Mancini is like that.

He wants the defenders and central midfielders to be physical. We got pretty physical strikers and forwards in Dzeko, balotelli, Tevez...Aj is not very lightweight either.

Only Silva is lightweight. It's clear that physical power is important for Mancini when he choose his player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.