'Pick-up artist' is actually just creepy pervert

I'm With Stupid

In the least surprising news ever, it turns out that a self-proclaimed pick-up artist actually has no special skills other than desperately hassling enough women that one says yes.

'Pick-up artist' Adnan Ahmed jailed for two years for threatening behaviour

A so-called pick-up artist who targeted "young and vulnerable" women has been jailed for two years.

Adnan Ahmed - who called himself Addy A-game - secretly filmed himself approaching dozens of women in Glasgow and Lanarkshire.

Ahmed was convicted last month of threatening and abusive behaviour towards five women.

The 38-year-old from Maryhill, Glasgow, has also been placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.

Story

The shoe will now be on the other foot. Don’t drop the soap you sleezebag.

Sounds like the kind of insecure creep who would pay 10 grand to have penis enlargement surgery.

Reading the psychology of the phenomenon it does involve shit such as gaslighting if used incorrectly.

This is an old book now but still fascinating read.

41PGCVjNlML._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reading the psychology of the phenomenon it does involve shit such as gaslighting if used incorrectly.

This is an old book now but still fascinating read.

41PGCVjNlML._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I got about halfway through that, but he had such an uncritical view of the whole thing that I stopped. It was advertised as a journalist going undercover to find out about it all, but it came across as a journalist going undercover and falling for it all. It'd be like if Louis Theroux's documentary on scientology ended with him becoming a scientologist and telling us how great it is. Maybe he gets more critical in the second half of the book, but it didn't seem to be going that way. For me, these people are clearly snake oil salesmen getting rich off insecure men. Just another in a long line of self-help movements that mainly help the people who came up with it. Only there's a disturbing number of gurus in this movement who seem to basically advocate sexual harassment and even borderline sexual assault as a tactic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.